Depression getting worse

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jegsu34, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jegsu34

jegsu34 Member

I am afraid I am going to lose control and hurt myself to much that I can't hide it any longer.
    My depression doesn't seem to be get better, if anything it's getting worse. To the point part of me thinks I should go to the hospital but the other part says not to because my family will flip out. They think that I am making something out of nothing and that nothing is wrong. I stay away from telling them anything. I have enough things going on that I don't need them to bring me down any farther.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun if you are of legal age you don't need to tell them anything ok you talk to your doctor and get something for your depression and if you need to go into emerg you do that ok
    You take care of YOU hun hugs

3. lautanner

lautanner Well-Known Member

Do you feel the depression in your body? It feels a bit like the flu. If you are at that point, don't hesitate to go to the hospital. You can tell your family that you are feeling like you have the flu.....then when you get to the hospital, tell the nurse why you are there. If you think you are going to hurt yourself, don't wait any longer. Your family doesn't understand, that is not your problem or your concern right now. You focus on YOU.

4. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I waited to go to the hospital and it only got worse. I started waking up throwing punches at nothing from the nightmares I was having, going straight into anger and depression mode...... if you feel like you are going to hurt yourself go to the hospital. its not the best feeling to make the decision but once you are there you will be happy you made that choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.