Depression Help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by none123, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. none123

none123 Member

I have the house to myself for the next 3 hours, and have really been thinking of killing myself, I just don't feel like I can face another week tomorrow. Every day is like a huge battle to get through the day. But I also know today even though I am thinking about it so much and keep sobbing here to myself, that I can't go through with it, and I'm thinking maybe I should get some help finally for my depression. I am wondering can I get medication for depression just from my regular family doctor that I see for physical medical problems, but that I've never talked about with for my depression or mental problems. And does medication help at all, or from hearing side effects, I may just feel more suicidal? I just don't have money to see a psychiatrist (plus it is embarrassing to me). And I've held off getting help because keeping planning on killing myself anyways so why worry about it, and because I am so broke, getting help would just add to my problems by having even less money. And thinking of seeing if can get FMLA for the problem, since there are just some days i can't force myself to go to work, but with calling in too much i am risking getting fired, which makes me more depressed. It's a vicious cycle going on in my life.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi. Posting here is a first step. Please keep posting, this will help you. I recommend looking for referral sources in your community that can direct you to affordable services. You may also want to look for a depression support group that is held in someones home. Many people like those because they are not rule oriented by a program.

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

3. IntoTheWoods

IntoTheWoods Guest

Hi, I have not been on this site long and I know it can be hard talking about the things that are going on - so I think it is great that you have been able to join up and post. I am UK based so I am not sure how things work in the USA - in my experience here, there are a range of medications that can be tried and I think the doctors recognise that side effects can be experienced by some people, so they change them as needed to suit each person as an individual.

I have been really low like you describe at times, it is such a horrible place to be - but what I keep reminding myself is that however real these thoughts / urges feel, they are just like huge waves and calmer seas lay ahead - the feelings / thoughts do pass.

I know the shame too of seeking medical help - but these professionals go into those jobs because it is what interests them, they choose those jobs because they want to help people - you are not alone, keep posting here, there are many here that want to support you.

Take care.

4. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

There are a lot of reasons for depression, but just last week, I got hit once again by the medical thing; had just started some blood pressure meds and couldn't figure out why everything looked so bleak and painful. I was back at square one until I read the side effects of that little tiny pill. Don't give up; might have to try a few different things. Depression is real, but so is equanimity and joy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.