depression induced laziness

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by OutCaste, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

does any body else suffer from it ?

I just can't find motivation to do daily stuff. I have to gather a lot of strength to do small things. can't get out of the bed. I'm going back to school this fall and i dont know how i will cope. my head always pains and i have constant fear,anxiety etc.
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

That's one of the biggest issues with depression i have had. The mere task of getting out of bed becomes so overwhelmingly hard. Depression like numbs your whole body to everyday normalities. It takes away the will to even do the most minut things. If this has gotten really bad for you, you might want to go see a doctor b/c it could get increasingly worse. I hope things even out for you hun.

Take care
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. I think the most pernicious aspect of it is how it sets up what I guess I'll call a "feedback loop," where I do less, want to do even less, down and down.

I'm afraid the only surefire method I've found to snap myself out of this is a variant of SI that I'm not going to go into any detail on. I absolutely don't recommend it, and wish I didn't feel I had to do it. But I've not found any other way out. :sad:
  4. OutCaste

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I wake up every day and see the time on the clock and its always 11 am. I feel like throwing the alarm clock out of the window. I can't remember the last time I woke up before 8 am. For some reason I can sit on the computer for 24 hours and do computer programming, play games, chat etc. i do not want to step out of my house. I feel happy at home and I have no friends. I hate physical work, my muscles are very loose and I get angry when some one tells me to do some work. I try to control my anger. I'm going to graduate school and its supposed to be really tough. Now a days, I sleep at 6:00 in the morning and wake up at 3: 00 pm. It seems this has always fucked my ENT system (Ear-Nose-Throat). I want to live a healthy life but just can't help it.
  5. OutCaste

What method ?

Please do tell, I would try anything.
  6. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I hate getting out of bed, I just want to sleep forever. Little chores seem like huge tasks to me.
  7. jerrin

jerrin Guest

I think depress goes when we think too much about some bad events occurred in pasted.I think if you do some exercise and try some ayurvadic medicines then you most probably get rid from your problem.
  8. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

i have no energy or will to do anything i have fallen dead i am gone
  9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had a bought of it all over my holiday. I need to make my bed, do the laundry, do grocery shopping, get a haircut . . . most I'm going to do today is the laundry, and I'm drawing the line at even putting on a proper pants. PJs are good enough for today, dammit.
  10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm trying to maintain a 98% GPA through depression. It is hard. It is VERY hard... It used to be easy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.