depression is a hard thing to get rid of

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I told my mom about my suicidal thoughts and she didnt freak out. She just was saying,

"Think about me. I don't want you to die, I'll go mad."

And strangely enough that kind of took the joy of dying out. Now when I think about dying, I think about my mom and i try to hold on.

There's alot of things I feel guilty about. My mom helps me alot and I feel guilty about it because I keep thinking that it should be me who'se helping her.

Depression is hard to get rid of. Everyday I'm depressed and I try so hard to overcome it. Some days I think I'll never be okay...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you have your mom for support. I know it is hard this depression thing. Have you tried different medications or talking with a psychologist for treatment for you saddness. My daughter is what keeps me here I enjoy her so much even though she suffers from depression too. I hope your mom and you can do more things together to help decrease you saddness keep coming here for support okay
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I do take meds and have a psychiartrist...the meds do help me alot...and yes my mom and I have planned stuff to get me out more and make me less depressed...
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Depression IS a hard thing to get rid of.
    But yeah that's great that your mom is supportive or at least understands and didn't get frustrated or anything. That's mostly how my parents react. I hope she stays there for you through all of this :hug:
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You took the words out of my mouth, it could have been me saying that.
    Hang in there :rose:
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I sometimes think depression cannot completely be eradicated but I do think it can be managed to a point of where you will hardly even know it's there!
    I think whenever we go through hard times we will always get depressed. My cousin said to me she believes I am just a depressive person and I will always have it lying there dormantly, but that doesn't make me feel defeated. It just makes me think harder of ways to make myself feel better and learn to cope with things and deal with it better.

I think it's awesome that you have your Mum around and that you can be honest with her and her with you, that's a brilliant thing to have. I also think it's great that you are taking the right steps, like keeping busy and taking meds, seeing a therapist.
    Try some other peoples coping methods that I have seen on this site, like exercise, comedy, fun activities, surrounding yourself with friends and family, new clothes/hair etc. whatever helps!

I hope it gets better and I hope it gets easier, and I also hope you prove me wrong and you can totally get rid of it! :) Keep talking about it on these pages though, it really helps. Group therapy is one of the best meds going!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.