Depression=No confidence?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HomerSimpson, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Guys was wondering do you think depression and lack of confidence go hand in hand. In other words some people can have problems on top of other problems and they never feel depressed or really even let the worry from it bother them. They just say "I will figure out a way to deal with all my problems", and than just move on. While others me for example, just worry and worry, and think "Oh my God there is no hope what am I going to do, how am I going to solve this."
  2. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

they go hand in hand for me anyway. It kind of makes sense that being less confident about your ability to deal with things would make you more likely to feel depressed. Hope you don't feel as bad now, I know it's so horrible to feel you can't manage problems, I feel that way quite alot. definitely being more confident in oneself would make a person less depressed I think.
  3. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty true for me. Struggling with depression takes a huge toll on my already meager self esteem. It's also an inferiority complex and I'm pretty sure I have socially avoidant personality disorder. When you can do nothing but criticize yourself, having self confidence is almost an impossibility. If I have any confidence to do anything different, it's not because I'm sure about it or feel good about myself, but that I'm totally apathetic towards it.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

For sure, I used to be confident and then when I became depressed it all went away and my self esteem and self image went to shit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.