Depression, or just a broken heart?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ediciussievol, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

I was married for 15 years, but I can't seem to get over it. My ex is with my former best friend, and my kids live there now.

I feel this terrible weight. Like, I don't know, pulling my insides down to the earth.

But here's the thing... I cannot get past the fact that when she told me "we were made for each other" "We will grow old together", and "nobody could ever love me like you do" that she meant that at the moment.

Do women not love like I do? Is it wrong to want to love for life? To believe that it takes work... to never quit?

I'm not trying to stereotype... I'm trying to get insight not to stereotype. Is that just the way women love a man? Does commitment not mean anything anymore?

What of the children? Why didn't she care enough to not hurt them and break up our family? My 5 year old daughter is devastated. She's acting out, and I don't know what to say to her to see her happy anymore. She's just... wrong. Like that happy little girl with her mommy and daddy together is gone, and there's not much happy left.

What do I do?

God, I'm so lonely and hurting. I feel like curling up in a ball and just moaning forever. I hate this.