depression or what?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by 00700, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00700

00700 New Member

To be honest, I dont know....People used to ask me if I was depressed.I would always say no. Yes, I cut myself, but not to deep because of scars...I have a problem with weight. I lost 10kg in a month and then gain 12kg and so on....I fell extremely empty, like there is nothing to look foward to... This is going on for about 2 years. The problem is that i am sometimes hyperactive, but still "the sadness" is dominant...So I took some tests online. Some of them say that I have extreme depression or bipolar disorder...To be honest, even if there is something wrong with me, I wouldnt ask for help...I would probably be to emberaced... But then again, how can I be depressed I no one notices anymore? I have friends, I go out with them....but still there is something bothering me and I dont know what...
    What do you think? Are this only teenage hormones or what?

2. howardTX

howardTX Active Member

I don't think you said how old you were but it seemed that you mentioned being a teen. I had the SAME thing happen to me and I have some mixed emotions. In one way I was happy and fun when I was in the "hyper" phase but it kind of sucked when I was in the "sadness" phase. I will tell you now that I am 41 yrs old and it only gets worse and probably more difficult without treatment. I was VERY hesitant to tell my doctor but he was not even fazed when I told him. (I went in and said it was some other ailment.) He put me in touch with a GREAT Counselor. It is a slow process but you have to stick with it and get some help. It seems like such a big secret and something that you may see as a weakness but it is something that you need to talk about because I would HATE to know that someone out there goes as long as I did with the sadness and feelings I had through my teen and young adult years. Take care and just do it! What do you have to loose?

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Whatever it is, you deserve to feel good and have it treated...is there someone you can talk to? a parent, your doctor? who can help you get to talk to someone who can tell you what is going on...whatever it is called, you should have a life where you do not have to worry about this...J

4. 00700

00700 New Member

Well, to be honest I kinda know that something is wrong with me. And I thought of going to a doctor or whatever...but what if it turns out that I have depression? I really cant tell that to my parents. They have their own problems and how is my whole family going to react if there is something really wrong with me...They would probably think of me as i weird and they already think that so...I just cant talk about it....Its like my secret and if someone knows I would probably kill myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.