Depression plays with your head

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bluegrey, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am back in a terrible depression at the moment and I haven't been able to get one decent night's sleep in months without a sleeping pill. Every noise is making me jump, everything is getting on my nerves and I can barely function beyond performing OCD compulsions. At the moment I feel I will never cycle out of this clinical depression again and I see dying as my only relief. I have no psychotic disorder but this isn't reality! I feel detestable, like everyone at SF is sick of me and everything in my environment- the house I'm living in, my town- the whole world is one big threat after another.

I am so exhausted and delirious- I just wanted to make the point that depression wildly distorts your perception. If you feel you are in a depression- please remember to get help and ride it out before you impulsively attempt anything self destructive. I do not trust my insight at all right now.
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Bluegrey, you are right. Depression is a life-sucking monster.

We can help you ride it out.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

:hugtackles: no one is tired of you...I dont know you personally but I like the posts you make :)

yes depression is such a bad thing, I was in a big dark depressions in december, I could barely get up and walk around, everything was a burden and felt like the end of the matter what I did nothing seemed to shake it off, and then some time after my birthday in mid january I started to feel better...I mean I was so bad, that I would think about all the things I need to do and wasnt able to get up to do them...its like I was stuck in between...was horrible...

I found though that talking things through helps keep posting and empty yourself'll get support and feel a bit better too :hug:
  4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Lightbeam and living in my own world I am a weepy, oversensitive sap and I cried reading your kind sentiments. That is one of my main tickets to depressionville- my hypersensitivity. Thank you, again! :hug:
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh hypersensitive that is a killer You said it if you feel unstable reach out okay because us senstive ones we feel way too much and too deeply. If you need to call crisis speak to a real person call your doctor see if meds need uping a bit I hear and understand what you are saying just know we care okay keep posting because it does help us sensitive ones to get the pain out that way. take care okay
  7. masive

masive Banned Member

spot on!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.