Depression - the way our life killing us?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

I dont know why, but sometimes i think about things like that, like, philosophical things...
    I am also a huge fan of the dark age era, and before that.
    So today i really had this idea, in the mediaval age, people fought in battles
    to gain freedom, this freadom was simple but it was a true freedom.
    Thay fought to gain lands, after that this lands was giving to them
    and thay could use the to rise wheat and stuff, and sell it, and buy food and such, even thoug many may think it was a hard life, i think it was much easyer then it is today, people could servive without knowing to read or to write.
    There was no berucrucy, and no stressfull life (most of the time).

An now im looking on this era, where capitalism is dominating everything
    Today if you dont work, you die, and no one cares, and you forced to work
    every single day just so that you could pay for your house and buy food...
    And then you have all the money you have to spend, all the bills!
    This is al extrimly stressfull!
    Why do we have to live this way?

In the end, if you will think about it more then just what i wrote
    i guess most of you will eventualy undarstand that we, as simple people
    are just some sort of slaves, working for the rich, and the goverment, and the banks. I think the fact that it is so hard for many of us in life, is the fact we dont have freedom, even though many think we do, but i think its just an illusion, like some sort of advanced propoganda...
    Think about it, are you really free?

I know that there were time when people would die for such porpuse
    so many people died to gain freedom, and now its all been taken
    and replaced with paper we call money, can you say money is freedom?
    Maybe for the rich, not for most of the world...

Anyways, i think depression is a result of this life, and it will get worse
    the life our governors and presidents building for us, is only good for them.
    for example: Healthcare? only to make us work harder and longer...
    TV? the tv telling us what beauty is, destrying many girls, (anorexia any one?). the tv telling us to buy junk food, becouse it looks so colorefull and shiny on the tv... anyways you got the point...

This era, will destroy humanity!

If ill die, it will be just to be free from this world and all the pain around it
    where people kill each other every day, raping, killing kids, stealing, and much more.
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

You'll find that in those times 95% of the population tilled small plots of land in extreme poverty too pay off the Feudal lord above them with the constant possibility of being drafted in for cannon fodder into armys they cared nothing about.
    Nothing idylic about it it.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Summerrain,
    I understand what you are talking about. Also we have all these things happening to mother nature, fire, floods,famine, tornados, hurricanes, tsunomies, and many more. It is man that is causing these things by abusing mother nature. We are slowly killing the planet and we are killing each other.
    This life sucks! I don't see a solution to all this in our lifetime. hopefully the generations behind us will find away to change all this.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think we went downhill after the industrial revolution.
    I don't think they had true freedom back then either though. I don't think true freedom exists on Earth, in this time or in any time in history.
  5. Summer.Rain

You know who Gandhi is?
    Press here for more information about him

My point is that true freedom, is many diffrent things
    there can be religius freedom
    Patriotic freedom (like if i am extrily happy with all that have something to do with my country)
    Financial freedom...

I think the combination of all the tips, will give us "true freedom"

Anyways here is intersint article about true freedom
    Press Here
  6. fromthatshow

Gandhi is the man! :wootrock:

Thanks for the article :smile:
  7. Notreally

Notreally Member

One thing I hate these days is that the world is so small with internet and all the new technology. You always find something new to be pissed off about.

The irony of writing this on a forum:laugh:, but then again.. I wouldn't have to be here.
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Plus, in the dark ages, you had to worry about being accused of witchcraft, being a werewolf, a vampire, or most of all, an anti-Christian. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying that life in the millenium is great. It's shit. But I wouldn't look at medieval times through rose colored glasses either. They didn't call it The Dark Ages for nothin'!
  9. fromthatshow

But now you have to worry about what's going on with Britney Spears, picking up the new xbox360, having 8 tvs and 17 cars.
  10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Check it out

Those were the good old days. Life could last a couple minutes if you were weak and depressed. So you had nothin to worry about. If you were strong, you'd have a fin on your back plus claws and teeth. You could laze the days away on a sandbar, or go for a swim. Life consisted of hunting, eating, fighting, fucking, shitting, and pissing. What more could you want? As for the inhabitants of today, well maybe a bomb will finish us off, and the survivors will know better than to advance civilization and instead, adopt that lifestyle. Perhaps those days will come back. So get your fins and flippers on. Munch on some sardines on the lawn. Get in contact with your inner fish.
  11. fromthatshow

I'll do my best.
  12. Summer.Rain

Well.. i dont think that life as thy said (eating fucking sleeping etc)
    is what i want.. but.. i am Piesces... :tongue:
  13. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.