Depression treatment

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Little_me, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

What's your treatment? Therapy, medication or a combination of both?

Anyone here that have been cured from severe depression through only psychotherapy? My doc says that that's not possible, generally, if the person is very sick and only thinks about suicide then she is not susceptible to advice and cannot listen properly. Is that correct or incorrect?

2. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

mine's a combination of both.

3. Little_me

Mine too...

4. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I've been on all kinds of different meds over the last 5 years and tried therapy and hospitalization. Nothing works for me. I'm too far gone.

5. Little_me

:console:

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have a therapist whom I'm going to have to stop seeing soon.
    They have me on anti-anxiety and sleep meds. All that does is keep the shakes away, it doesn't change how I feel.
    I need to find a better treatment because I'm losing hope.

7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Psychotherapy is not about giving you advice but rather helping you to explore your thoughts/feelings etc. Therapy is generally a slow business... as you have years of emotional distress to overcome. Medication is usually to help you to remain on an even keel in order to help you to be in a good enough place for therapy to be effective.

8. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I suffer from depression and currently on medication and see a pysc.

I've seen two different pyscs, and been on three different meds... they all work for a short time but then they fade away and i'm left feeling like shit again. I dont think I'll ever be cured.

9. andy2022002

andy2022002 Active Member

mine is both .. i think the councilin is helping abit i can see the sense in how someone could learn to precieve things different than yer already think. i think its possible at least i hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.