Depression triggers

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DrNick1010, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

Good lord I've been triggering a lot lately. Really hard to control my emotions when things set me off. Just curious if people can relate. Triggers are such a stealthy thing. A lot of the time they have something to do with me comparing my life unrealistically to others (and it can literally be the tiniest thing I read online) and I can let my whole day be ruined. It's so weird. I don't even dwell on that one thing, but it's a quick little shortcut to full on despair. I don't know. Probably has a lot to do with chemical imbalances in the brain as well, but the way that my mind can go from moderate acceptance of my life to flat out critically deconstructing and accusatory is nothing short of surreal. Anybody else struggle with triggers?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all the time constabt battle to keep from falling into the darkness.
  3. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Yup. The damnedest things can hook me into the swirling, sucking eddy of despair... glad my meds keep it from lasting too long. The stabilization has been the best effect of being medicated.
  4. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

The gloomy weather, birthday, mother's day, the NFL player's suicide today, are all triggering me...
  5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

My ex can say something very demeaning or tell me how i should be living and i m fighting in my head for days.
  6. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i get triggered all the time but i can't seem to predict what will do it

could be an image, a phrase, the way someone looks at me

these could be the same things i've come across before without effect, but suddenly they hit me the wrong way
  7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

triggers mostly related to anxiety. anxiety then leads to depression. always in that order.
  8. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

yeah.. please count me in. for me, what trigger me most is when people are being unkind to me. i'm too sensitive and fragile to be in this world :beaten:
    areT you taking any meds btw? it's easier to cope when you take anti-depressants.
  9. letty

letty Banned Member

I have been battling these all week long, i can be fine then i hear , see something and my mind starts thinking.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I can be in a decent mood one minute and feeling despair the next. It's crazy that I can get triggered so easily. I wish I could find a way to not be so sensitive.
  11. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i still get severe depression. some of it seems like a chemical imbalance. at other times it is so evident. i like sleep when i am depressed. hope you find an outlet for all that you are going through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.