Depression - When Will It End?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by brknsilence, Jun 1, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Will this depression ever go away? Been dealing with it most of my life. 36 years old and still struggling. :(
    Thauoy likes this.
  2. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

i cant help u i dont have depression.... :( i struggle iwth other stuff but i am here for u and other ppl here too i think <333
  3. brknsilence

Thanks for being there
  4. Blotto

Blotto New Member

I am also in my mid 30s. It was so much easier to get by in my 20s. As I approach the middle of my life, I have to wonder if this is really how I want to live the rest of it. No answers here, but suffering together.
    Thauoy likes this.
  5. brknsilence

Hugs Sorry
  6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

brknsilence likes this.
  7. brknsilence

8. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

I'm not sure depression ever goes away. That can be demoralizing to think about for sure. But there are those that have found that balance where life and depression can coexist. Where depression is managed so that it no longer controls the present and future. Some will tell you that this is in fact their cure. Keep working at it, try new therapies on your own or with a therapist.

I hope we can all come out on the other of this one day soon.
    Thauoy and brknsilence like this.
  9. brknsilence

I'm hoping this depression ends soon. Just too much, too long for me
  10. Emelie

Emelie Member

That sounds terrible! ! To live with this forever? To "learn to coexist"? That
    That sounds terrible! To never get passed this.. to "leran to coexist"? Thats not a worthy life for a human beeing. .
    Thauoy likes this.
  11. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Yes. I have learned to coexist with anxiety disorder. There was a time that anxiety controlled me, but no more. The war is essentially won, but battles sometimes rage on.

But depression? I fall on the, we will need our coping skills forever, side of the coin. But others say you can choose, or fill your life until it is just a memory.

Is that terrible? I don't know.
  12. brknsilence

13. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I don't know when my depression will ever go away ? But I will struggle as far as I can.

HUGS !
  14. brknsilence