depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudy

i'm up there with you folks that are severely depressed. i can't take anti-depressants. what do you guys think we should do besides not committing suicide? any ideas would be of great help.:poo: i;m going to my pdoc tomorrow but i dont know how good that will do. may have to go to ward again. oh boy....

Last edited by a moderator:

Megz

I don't know - I wish I had the magic cure so no one would have to feel like this because I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I try to just live to the end of each day and if I get there I've done well, sometimes the end of the day arrives and I realise that today I haven't wished for it for every minute of that day, that I've maybe if not enjoyed then tolerated the day. Sometimes it's even been a good day.

I hope that you can work through this tuxedomoon, I truly hope that you can find some peace and something to give you a little enjoyment and provide relief from those constant feelings. Good luck and very best wishes to you ~ I hope you and the Pdoc can work something out. Try and pop in and let us know how you fare :later:

AlienBeing

I'm severely depressed too. (See my last few posts.) I have no answers. I can't take meds either. They make me really, really ill, like I've got the flu or something. I have severe allergies to everything, that's probably what it is. I'm allergic to the drugs too.:headache: Actually I've been reading lately that many types of inflammatory conditions are suspected of causing depression by causing inflammation in the brain. They are suspecting that the suicide rate goes up in late spring and summer because allergies get worse then. All my attempts have been in the late spring too. They also think that's why fish oil helps--it's an anti-inflammatory for the brain. They are researching the use of anti-inflammatory drugs now for depression. So if I take a med that gives me flu--like symptoms, which is inflammation, that's hardly very good for my depression is it? I was thinking of asking about that experimental operation where they implant electrodes into your brain (see past posts). They're even doing right in my own city. But I'm worried about getting an infection from any kind of operation. Ever since I developed allergic contact dermatitis the slightest injury to my skin, and I mean the absolute slightest injury, has to taken extremely good care of with sterilization and antibiotic ointment and bandaging for days or I will get a skin infection that threatens to go systemic without oral antibiotic use to get rid of it. So I figure having my skull cracked open might not be the safest thing under these circumstances. Actually I suspect that infection from an injury one day is going to kill me eventually, so why worry about doing it myself?

Silent1

Id seriously start smoking some weed if you dont currently. No this is not a joke im not like mr hippy over here like duuuuude light it up mannnnn. if you cant take pills for w/e reason and are really depressed and just wanna kill your self day in and day out it will defintally help. and im not being a doctor either and saying this is the cure, ive been depressed 10+ years and been smoking for 7 of them im still depressed the weed hasent cured me but it brings a smile to my face and puts me in a place were i can live another day. but what ever your choice i hope you feel better.

AlienBeing

I read a long time ago that smoking pot leaves you at risk for developing psychosis and just recently they've found a link between smoking pot and developing depression. Alcohol and cigarettes have also been linked to depression. Nicotine reduces psychosis but probably isn't worth the other risks it has associated with it. Smoking pot also carries many the same risks as cigarette smoking like lung cancer, emphysema, COPD and heart disease. It's just not done as much so it's not the focus of as much public health education in that respect. Although if the choice is smoking a joint or killing yourself, by all means have a joint instead, sigh.

cloudy

I'm severely depressed too. (See my last few posts.) I have no answers. I can't take meds either. They make me really, really ill, like I've got the flu or something. I have severe allergies to everything, that's probably what it is. I'm allergic to the drugs too.:headache: Actually I've been reading lately that many types of inflammatory conditions are suspected of causing depression by causing inflammation in the brain. They are suspecting that the suicide rate goes up in late spring and summer because allergies get worse then. All my attempts have been in the late spring too. They also think that's why fish oil helps--it's an anti-inflammatory for the brain. They are researching the use of anti-inflammatory drugs now for depression. So if I take a med that gives me flu--like symptoms, which is inflammation, that's hardly very good for my depression is it? I was thinking of asking about that experimental operation where they implant electrodes into your brain (see past posts). They're even doing right in my own city. But I'm worried about getting an infection from any kind of operation. Ever since I developed allergic contact dermatitis the slightest injury to my skin, and I mean the absolute slightest injury, has to taken extremely good care of with sterilization and antibiotic ointment and bandaging for days or I will get a skin infection that threatens to go systemic without oral antibiotic use to get rid of it. So I figure having my skull cracked open might not be the safest thing under these circumstances. Actually I suspect that infection from an injury one day is going to kill me eventually, so why worry about doing it myself?
have you thought about accupuncture? i am thinking of trying it. my pdoc added some medication yesterday. still out there in the darkness but hagning in. hang in there. yeah its tough when you can hardly take anything. i'm getting scared. but i guess there are alternatives to some medicines.

AlienBeing

have you thought about accupuncture? i am thinking of trying it. my pdoc added some medication yesterday. still out there in the darkness but hagning in. hang in there. yeah its tough when you can hardly take anything. i'm getting scared. but i guess there are alternatives to some medicines.
I can't afford acupuncture. Also I used to do Botox for headaches but got an infection from the injections and ended up on a course of oral antibiotics, so I'd worry about the needles with acupuncture. I should really get back to walking. Exercise helps. Maybe I'll become a marathon race walker. I'd like to be a long distance runner like that marathon addict on here, but my body won't tolerate running either.

Megz

Exercise helps. Maybe I'll become a marathon race walker. I'd like to be a long distance runner like that marathon addict on here, but my body won't tolerate running either.
I know that I am biased but if your body won't tolerate running what about trying horse riding? It has helped me so much not just the exercise point of view but the bond with another living breathing animal that trusts you just because, doesn't judge you and horses are very good at tuning into moods and reacting accordingly. I know that it can be expensive in some areas, so that could be an issue but there are people who will let you ride their horse in return for helping with stable chores (in the UK anyway) Horses are used in may aspects of therapy these days, riding for the disabled, team building and helping unruly teenagers to sort themselves out. My horse was given to me, I have been incredibly lucky, but he always lifts my mood, even if only slightly. The exercise involved also raises endorphins.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it's just an idea that might help someone :sheep2:

cloudy

yeah, the saphris and buspar i was taking has been causing me to have weird dreams and hear voices plus have akithisia. so i called the answering service yesterday because i almost went and wasted time at the hospital. the doctor on call told me to completely stop taking the saphris and buspar. i couldn't sleep on top of all that. now i have to call tomorrow to try and get in to see my doctor. yeah, exercising helps. i pretty much bike everywhere i go. i need to quit paying attention to idiots. yeah accupuncture is expensive but i want to try it once.

the ways i try to cope was not the best way , but take sugar ,load of them , strangly enough ,they give me high for the moment , it is like drugs , but less damaging to ur body :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00