Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Spearmint, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

(I didn't post this in scar reduction, because it's not going to help them fade or anything. It just hides them.)

So, I've seen a few posts on this dermablend stuff and I decided to go to the store that carries it around here to see what it's like. It was mildly embarrassing when the woman working the counter came over to see what I needed it for, especially when my mom told her exactly what I needed it for, but whatever, that's another story all together, but anyway, they WILL want to see where they need to match the make up too, but, you shouldn't need to show them more than necessary to match it. I just pulled my right sleeve up a little(no scars there,) and she gave me a few colors to try..I will say that some have yellow hues, and some have pink hues, so you really can't order it online, you have to go and see what it looks like. So, essentially, this stuff will NOT make the raised, red scars disappear, but it WILL cover everything else, and fade the red. I didn't try it on burn scars, so I can't tell you how that would work, but I'm assuming it would be the same. If you're going to get it, you need to get the leg and body cover, plus if you want to make it completely rub off proof, the setting powder. It's ridiculously expensive, but I think in the UK, you can go to your GP and they'll refer you to the Red Cross for a matching, and you'd get it prescribed..Lucky UK-ers. In total it was about $45 for 3.4 fl. ounces of the leg and body cover stuff and the 1 ounce setting powder. And it's actually a lot, because you don't need as much as you think. Don't blend it too far in or else it'll just kind of streak and look ridiculous.

But yeah..I figured I'd let people know how it worked, in case someone else needed it for a vacation or something..Oh, and don't apply it with your hands, because it's really, really hard to get off.

:smile: Hope this helps someone.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip, i was thinking about getting some of that. my mum hates my scars, she says that when people see them they'll think she's a bad mother so she wants them covered and right now it's too hot for long sleeves. so i will look into getting some of this. Thanks :)
  3. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

thankyou so much!
    im thinking of going and getting some of that today.
    and ill remember not to apply it with my hands.

thanks for the tip - so helpful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.