Derren Brown predicts lotto numbers CORRECTLY!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by SAVE_ME, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Did any of you see Derren Brown's lotto-predicting stunt tonight? I've watched it a few times over for any trace of camera trickery or anything but I admit, I'm baffled :confused:

A few people I've spoken to think he may have used split screen techniques or that the balls had little LCD screens on them so that the numbers could be typed onto as they were announced (considering he didn't reveal them til AFTER the draw)....but I dunno, on Friday he says he'll show us how we can do it at home, so I think that rules out split screens and LCD monitors.....knowing Derren Brown this will be something very clever but simple.....I'm intrigued....what do you guys think?

For those who missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZ2mQczkcg (Maybe you can try and spot something I've missed....also, Derren usually has little hints and clues scattered about that he reveals later, so keep your eyes peeled)

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I watched it and was amazed, guess we'll find out how he did it on friday! lol i don't see why they're showing it on friday tho :blink: :unsure: Something about that doesn't seem right to me.

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I think that they're also showing a few other bits on misdirection - I saw the advert and made a mental note to watch it, as it looks to be interesting stuff...

In the advert, you saw him saying something to a passer by in anther language, then stepping out in front of a lorry and it stopping - all scripted, no doubt - but it sure does make the programme look like it's going to be an interesting one :)

4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

It's not another language, it's what he's saying backwards, if you see the other advert its the same thing but played foward, so he's talking normal and he's actions are the other way round, if that makes sense.

It doesn't look good tho.

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Oooh. Clever bugger, isn't he? :laugh: ... Misdirection in its finest, right there...

6. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

millions will win the lottery next week then lol

7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

of course it is trickery..:biggrin:

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, duh, it's trickery, but I doubt it's a cheap camera trick.

9. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

an expensive camera trick? Slight of hand,illusion..props tampered with..point is..what IS the point of it?I just find these things boring because I know its trickery of some kind and I have never been impressed with magic tricks or illusionists.
    I'm a wet blanket ,lol.:tongue:

10. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

he gets paid a fortune and the press have something to write about???:tongue:

11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I very much doubt that he'd place his reputation on the line, for a 'camera trick'. All'll be revealed later tonight though.

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hmm I have an idea how he did it ... but it seems too simple for him lol

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i dont know how he did it but we'll find out tonight

14. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

So who watched the show last night? Did anyone else feel a bit fobbed off?

Next week's looks..........intriguing....:huh:

15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Yeah I did a bit, but then again, it is impossible, even for him, to predict the lottery, which I guess was his point.

As you say, next week's certainly does look very interesting.. I'm looking forward to it.

16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Care to sum up how he did it?

17. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Here is the full explanation ..

18. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Cant be bothered to check to see if someone has corrected you, but its not another language its just backwards, if you look on youtube theres two different adverts, the one where he walks backwards and talks forwards, and one where he walks forwards and talks backwards, the bloke on the bike tells hiom to move his arse

So i did look, vikki beat me to it, never mind eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.