Describe how you're feeling with only one word

@Mike951. any particular reason you'd care to share or just a general feeling happening? maybe it's passed by now....*console
Well, it's passed but I'll be carrying around the repercussions for a long time. Lame excuse, but I was sick for much of the weekend, didn't wake up till 4pm on sunday (but finally felt good again). So that night I just tossed and turned, watched a little tv, etc. Just couldn't sleep well. Then of course I slept right thru two alarms on my phone. Woke up FOUR HOURS after I was scheduled to start work. I'm never late, and I never oversleep like that. Till now. So i called on then went in to work for 3 hours. And since I just started this job 2.5 months ago, within my first 90 days, this is considered my "final warning", and stays on record like that for a year. So one little thing and I'm out. Bought a new clock that day, cuz I'm pretty sure my phone screwed up on me.

Well, it's passed but I'll be carrying around the repercussions for a long time. Lame excuse, but I was sick for much of the weekend, didn't wake up till 4pm on sunday (but finally felt good again). So that night I just tossed and turned, watched a little tv, etc. Just couldn't sleep well. Then of course I slept right thru two alarms on my phone. Woke up FOUR HOURS after I was scheduled to start work. I'm never late, and I never oversleep like that. Till now. So i called on then went in to work for 3 hours. And since I just started this job 2.5 months ago, within my first 90 days, this is considered my "final warning", and stays on record like that for a year. So one little thing and I'm out. Bought a new clock that day, cuz I'm pretty sure my phone screwed up on me.
What an unfortunate thing to happen 2 weeks shy of the 90. Ouch. And they apparently are strict about it. ....... You still are allowed to tag an actual sick day being accrued over the year if ever needed, right? And glad to know you are feeling better.

Last edited:
What an unfortunate thing to happen 2 weeks shy of the 90. Ouch. And they apparently are strict about it. ....... You still are allowed to tag an actual sick day being accrued over the year if ever needed, right? And glad to know you are feeling better.
Yeah, I can call in sick, just need to make sure I do it early enough. I like the job too, so would really hate to lose it. Even though they do take advantage of my part time status. I've been working full time since I've been here, and will be thru the year. Even when I go to pt, I'll still be usually working enough hrs to be getting benefits, like medical. But they've got my status at the lower level where I don't get any. And don't want to make any waves, at least yet.

Yeah, I can call in sick, just need to make sure I do it early enough. I like the job too, so would really hate to lose it. Even though they do take advantage of my part time status. I've been working full time since I've been here, and will be thru the year. Even when I go to pt, I'll still be usually working enough hrs to be getting benefits, like medical. But they've got my status at the lower level where I don't get any. And don't want to make any waves, at least yet.
That's wonky with all the time/status manipulation by the company. I'm glad you like the job enough to stay for the advance to FT to occur at some point.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00