Desperatley want a drink

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by O Happy Dagger, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive been drinking about a bottle of vodka every couple of days for about 6 months because ive felt so shitty and being drunk is the only thing that has made me feel anything resembling happiness. Recently ive met a girl and promised that ill stop but i havent spent anytime with her in 2 weeks and she wont talk to me, i understand that she is going through stuff i cant even imagine
    right now but i feel abandoned and finding it really hard to stay sober, i try to keep myself occupied but everything reminds me of her, she said she needs space but i dont know if there will be a relationship in the end and its destroying me not knowing, i cant keep drinking because i damaged my liver when i tried to OD but im starting to care less and less what happens to my body
    I know i need to stay strong and stay sober for the both of us and just want some advice on staying away from alcohol
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about a quick call to AA, they will support you when the urge to drink becomes overwhelming and will be able to offer alternative ways of dealing with the bad times.
  3. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Terry's right.

I've posted this before but something I've found to be helpful is thinking of something that's more important than that next drink. Sometimes I think of my nephew b/c I know he looks up to me and I don't want to be a screw-up. Sometimes it's a buddy killed by a drunk driver. You get the idea.

In your case it seems that the lady in your life sometimes triggers you to want to drink HOWEVER she's the right reason not to. Other than yourself and the problems w/ your liver, the lady in your life seems to be going through a lot also. If you want to be there for her, you want to do so w/ a clear head.

Good luck w/ everything. PM if you ever need to talk!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.