Despondency or depression ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nightfallagain, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightfallagain

nightfallagain Well-Known Member

Despondency or depression -
    the natural progression has been lost.
    Stymied by process,
    Frustrated by waiting,
    and unsatisfied by hoping.

This sounds hopelessly vague, but lately my thinking has emotional overtones that prevent me from seeing the truth clearly. I am doing my best to tame my feelings in order to let more rational thoughts rise to the surface as there may be some found stability that comes when I honor my emotions from a detached perspective instead of immediately taking action in response to how I feel.
    To the heights of passion, or the depths of feeling? Will I ever know how to realize a perfect accord between sense of duty and sacrifice? I am conflicted right now between knowing what I want to do and mustering up what will it takes to make it happen. I need to try and think about this as I ponder my worth.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone has worth hun i hope you reach out for some counseling some guidance to help you not feel so lost with all your thoughts
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

it is my experience that when people are feeling despondent or depressed, it is not really possible to be accurate when they are accessing their worth. The very nature of the condition causes people to feel like they are not worth much. I have never met someone who is depressed (or despondent) who can see much of their worth. The worth is there. We just cannot see it. I say "we", because I am also speaking about myself.

I hope you can keep that in mind while you are pondering your worth. That it is more than likely that you will not be seeing your worth correctly. I hope what I wrote can in some way help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.