detained again. i need advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other night for maybe the 4th time (cant remember) i was arrested and detained under the mental health act s.136 and held in the cells then hospital until evaluation by a psychiatrist. im no longer welcome in my house coz i smashed up the place a lot and scared the other people that live there. they were also my best friends but now are not talking to me. under the law i have to start seeing a psychiatrist and if i dont i will probably end up sectioned. so now im soon to be homeless have lost my best friends and will probably have to take horribly poisonous drugs until im 'safe' again. somebody else is taking control of my life and i dont like it. i dont think its worth carrying on. xxx near where i am staying now (at my mums house) with my name on it. i cant imagine life will be any better with no friends, home or control left. ive had enough

Last edited by a moderator:

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I know it seems like you have no control right now, and that's not a good feeling. But if you're willing to get some help, to see the psychiatrist, then that's a start to regaining control of your own life. Once this process is started, your friends may see that you're willing to seek some help, and it may help your relationship with them. There are ways you can regain control of your life, and asking for help is one of them.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
I think it may take some time for your friends and loved ones before they are willing to talk to you again. They probably want you to go see mental health professionals and be sure that you are in "therapy" or "doing better".

My biggest concern is whether the psychiatrist(s) you see will let you have your own say in what medicines you take. To clarify, I was once sectioned and could not refuse taking any type of medicine. Some medicines (like the ones that often lead to weight gain) scare me. I hope that never happens to you.

thanks for yor replys. it means a lot coz it does really seem like nobody around here wants to speak to me anymore after the other night. im probably going to leave this part of the country and stay with some family in the south. its getting really hard to find reasons to carry on :(

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Do the move and see how it goes, meanwhile see your doc about whats' been going on so that you have some say in your treatment.
Hope all goes well :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00