/dev/null - Has he died?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DrowningInTears, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

I have not seen him in quite some time. I was needing his help something, but he seemed to have vanish. He was not great shape when I last talked to him. I don't have the privileges to view user details, so somebody please post his last activity date. I think he may have done it.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

He was last online 04/10/08 @ 5.47am.

I hope he is ok :hug:

3. DrowningInTears

what was his last post? i think he is dead if he hasnt been on since then. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

well when i checked out his profile it said he was last on 3rd October 2008 11:47 PM

last post-here

5. DrowningInTears

this doesn't look very hopefull :cry:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm sure he's ok DIT. Hey, I've been put under moderation just like you now and it's just awful.

7. DrowningInTears

lawlz u too nao dave? the mods just get their thrills out of torturing us

find a suicidal person
    give them a place where they can find mutual support and interaction
    suddenly take it away
    sends them into an even deeper despair
    they commit suicide
    ??????
    profit!

undermoderation is really not feel like interaction at all having to wait hours to post and not even go to chat no way to really hav a conversation

but anyways i think dev has died unless we hav reason to believe otherwise and i see none

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Folks leave the forum all the time, and come back - there's no reason to think that he's died, in my opinion...

There are some who go, and don't come back - but you can look at that in two ways:
    1) They're dead.
    2) They've outgrown the forum / are now feeling sufficiently better not to need to use us anymore...
    Or perhaps, there is a third:
    3) They've got internet trouble.

At the end of the day, just because someone doesn't come on the forum for a few months, it doesn't mean they're dead, essentially is the point of this post...

As for this, DIT:

We don't take the decision to put folks Under Moderation lightly - a serious incident has to take place before we think of it. The goal of UM is in no way to get people to commit suicide - UM is a hefty sort of warning, basically saying ''Sort your behaviour out''. That's all it is. No more, no less.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Was dev/null like one of your best SF friends DIT? I really hope he's ok.

10. DrowningInTears

thers plenty of reason to think hes dead, last i talked to him on MSN he seemed distraught talked of killing himself soon. We talked and were going to work together on something i was thinking he would stay in there and give it a chance. but i must hav thought wrong, he never signed bak on MSN and i havent seen him here. is there any way to find out is there any recent obituaries from southern kansas saying somebody hanged themself?

btw this hefty warning being permanently stuck where ur posts take hours to go thru and u cant even comunicate effectively???????????? i have been told we come up for review or somthin but its really quite vague and opaque

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

My moderation review should come up in about a month or so. I hope dev/null is ok, but if he's gone then may he rest in peace. I hope you get taken off moderation status again soon DIT. I know that it really sucks. :hug:

12. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I hope Dev/null is okay.

but with the UM thing? you guys really have noone to blame but yourselves. Instead of going on about it all the time, just make the changes you know are needed and come join the rest of us again :smile:

13. Samantha

Samantha Well-Known Member

Under Moderation what was the "crime" if any may I ask?.

Samantha

14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I was sending 'hugs' in the chatroom to someone and this was considered to be abusive behaviour, so I was put under moderation for a month.

15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

It was much much more than that Dave, as we have told you. If you wish to complain and complain ad nauseum about your UM status across the boards, then the time under it will seem that much longer...

16. DrowningInTears

nah they wont never let me off i dont kiss up and wats the point they can just put u back on again once they have u picked out they will never leave u alone. i have been coming on here less, there is som great people here and all but it has become unable to help the people that need it most. people who are unstable and may say things that 'trigger' or offend or watever. but if they were so stable y would they need the help or support. they isolate the people who are in the most desperate need of support. spend my whole life being picked on by people for their amusement i dont need it here.

anyhow i will try sending dev a mail. the only last possibility is that he stopped coming here and uninstalled MSN. if i can get a response i will know he's alive

17. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry Abacus, but I was just letting her know what happened. :unsure:

18. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

We don't put people under moderation lightly, it's not a hobby, it's not something we do when we're bored we ONLY put people under moderation when we feel it is the best option for all as a way for protecting everyone and that also means protecting them who are placed under moderation themselves. Many other forums don't have the under moderation group, many just end up banning but we believe strongly in leaving the doors open for support and when you're under moderation, you CAN still reach out for support.

When it comes up for review we look at it from all angles, the perspective of the person being under moderation and the perspective of the other members of the community. It's not a witchhunt. If we feel you don't need to be under moderation anymore, you'll be removed from under moderation, simple as. If something comes up in the future about your behaviour then we will examine it from all angles again and it's not a case of once you're under moderation we'll look for any reason to put you back under. Quite simply, that's untrue.

That being said, this is going way off topic. This thread needs to go back to /dev/null. If you have anymore questions about moderation put them in the LtM or PM me and I'll be happy to answer.

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

We can't send PM's while under moderation, remember? :unsure:

20. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Oh yeah, well post in LtM and I'll answer there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.