devastated and heartbroken

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Angelique, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelique

Angelique Active Member

On top of the PTSD, anxiety and chronic depression, I feel heartbroken. After already losing my older son, 2 sisters and parents, I had just 1 sister overseas that talked to me and now it would appear she too has abandoned me..... why have I lost everything and everybody, I haven't done or hurt anyone, it was me who was abused and feared for my life, it was me who put myself between my ex and son to keep him safe... I've always been the nuturing one, the honest one, the caring one so why is it ME who has been ostracised????

I feel so devastated, alone and totally heartbroken.

I can't ask for help... I just can't bring myself to ask for help. But I can't handle all this grief, sadness, fear and hurt.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Often in these situations others see a distorted version of what you see. Do they understand why you did what you did? Do you talk to them about what happened?

3. IWantToBelieve

IWantToBelieve Active Member

Angelique,

People are extremely imperfect beings. Sometimes to the point of cruelty. I have felt misunderstood too, treated unfairly, ostracised. It is an extremely painful experience.

You are not alone, however, even if you feel alone right now.

Are you there? Please, talk to me and let me know that you are.

By the way, I also suffer from chronic anxiety and depression. And I also think the source of all this is PTSD that took place during my childhood. I am keenly aware that this is extremely unfair, that I shouldn't have had to suffer through my life as I did. But sometimes that's the way things go. I just want you to know that you are not alone.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

life can be incredibly unfair. I'm sorry that you have gone through this

there may be a way that you can make your life better though

what happened with your sister who talked to you?

it could be that talking about the abuse is too much for her to handle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.