Dey took our jobs!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Crashex94, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

I get really annoyed whenever I hear people complain about how Mexicans cross the border to "take our jobs". Why are people so mad about them working here? Some are upset because they are willing to work for little money. Well who is getting the raw end of the deal here?! They should persecute the bosses that don't pay workers minimum wage and not complain about immigrants working for pennies a day, it's not like they have a choice, they need to make money and they can't make enough in their own country. I know this may be a shocker to you but Mexicans are not the inhuman job-stealing monsters that you see them as. It's not like they just decided "Lets go steal some jobs from Americans!" No it's the exploitation of the Mexican people at the hands of globalisation which caused them to look for jobs in America.

Anyway, thanks for reading this, I just felt like I needed to vent a little.
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Somehow I sense you either live off your parents or they paid through college for you, Im not sure which.

But in a country where masses of people are unemployed for the first time in the life from their low paid jobs its going to hack them the fuck off if they cant get back into work because an entity they have no common ground with is doing their job for less money and sending it abroad.

Its not rocket science to figure out how that might be seen as quite irksome.
    Beyond that, I think people are most concerned about the perceived level of crime and strain on their own money they immigrants are rather than just focusing on a job thing.
  3. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

I dont think I phrased this right. Im not saying that the border should be completely open and let everyone come in but that immigrants should be allowed to come in and work if they want without having to be treated as second class citizens. And I think that people ignore the fact that immigrants are being exploited too and aren't coming just to get welfare. My point is that I see this whole issue as a scapegoat and that if North America stops exploiting foreign workers maybe less people will immigrate.
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

great post.I feel the same way-most people are still in the denial stage of this issue-they will debate any point but the fact that US companies and employers WANT to hire illegals for low wages and poor treatment and lame excuses like they do jobs Americans will not do_Oh really?We all know that is nonsense..its just Americans might want a living wage.
  5. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

its not just america with imigration problems. at least mexicans are from the same land mass. the uks immigrants are all from over seas.
  6. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

What is peoples problem with immigrants? to be honest ive been drawn into that way of thinking before, while i do believe natives should have priority, not the other way around i still think there is nothing wrong with immigration, although i do think that there should be a minimum 3 year service either in the army or working for the council supporting communities. People seem to forget that after the wars it was immigrants who rebuilt our cities! How would you feel if you were persecuted or your government was so blatantly corrupt that you did not have enough food to feed your children? would you not want to move to a better country, how would you feel if you did move to that country only to be persecuted yet again?
    Everyone in life is just trying to get by, the blame is on governments, on the way that immigration control works, on the way we would rather profit from foreign countries in the short term than support them now and encourage a better income in the long term through aiding there economy.
    How many of you have been to the home countries of many foreigners and attempted to live there?
    So many people are ignorant and grossly generalise everything.
    There will always be people who will take the piss but many are genuine and need support. You would think people on a forum such as this would understand the need for support at times.
  7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

more like:

Dey shipped our jobs to china!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.