Diane - Gone too soon :(

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Mandy89, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Mandy89

Mandy89 Member

Ok so my beautiful big sister Diane killed herself about two weeks ago. It was her funeral yesterday. What a beautiful service.

However, she was only 24 years old; 25 last Saturday. Diane was a dancer, a beautiful girl with a big beautiful heart. She loved people for who they were and not what they had or what they looked like. She turned down an offer to go to Vegas with a millionaire!

She was always smiling and made everyone laugh. Everyone wanted to be her friend. Despite her big smiles and happy exterior, she was deeply troubled inside. If only we knew how the suicide of our father 6 years ago was still hurting her inside so much.

I feel so sad. I don't know if I'll ever recover. Two suicides in the family is just plain unlucky and unfair. I just want her back. I want to be with my Dad and my big sister :(
  2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey i am sorry for you and your family one suicide now two god I do hope you and the remaining family get help okay grief therapy councilling somehow to keep strong The pain you are suffering it is so intense you need professional help okay to get thru all this. take care.
  4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

stay strong youll make it through use the support of your loved ones and dont be afraid to get help if you might need it
  5. iwanadie

iwanadie New Member

Im very sorry for your loss, I will keep you in my prayers:i'm sorry:
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am sorry for your losses.

Please seek professional counseling. It will help.

Visit us often. We will help in whatever way we can.
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Mandy I'm so sorry for your loss....I know what you must be going through ..I lost my son to suicide......It must be terrible to lose 2 in the immediate family...
    I urge you to get counceling and see your gp to help you cope....
    ....take care..
  8. Mandy89

Mandy89 Member

I've been offered but I feel stupid accepting it.

I can't seem to do any of my college work and it's almost deadline time. Everything just seems so pointless and far too hard when before I found it so easy.

I wish things were back to normal. Thanks for the kind words guys :)
  9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so sorry for your losses...maybe talking to your professors and telling them what happened would give you an extension in your work and take away some pressure...big hugs, J
  10. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Sorry for the loss of both your father and sister,im going through a similar experience myself right now,so i understand the hurt you are feeling,death is a hard experience in life but unfortunatley one of those that we can not avoid.The only thing i can say right now is try too work out whats best for you,and accept,if you can all the advice you can.Please take care and use the forum here xxx.
  11. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what you must be going through. I'm sorry for your loss.

Don't feel badly for accepting help... You've been through a lot. And speak to your professors. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to grant you extensions.
  12. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'd really recommend accepting the help. There is no need to feel badly about it, anyone in a situation like that would definitelyb enefit from getting help. *hugs*

Are you a college student? If so, maybe think about looking for a dean of student life, or some other student services group, and they can probably help you figure out what you can do about deadlines and talking to your professors. I had to take some time off this semester to get help for my anxiety and other issues, and the dean of student life spoke with myp rofessors, and they were all so nice about it! They gave me incompletes so I could finish things past the deadline. Id on't know if it will work out similarly for you, but you never know until you try!

good luck hun