DID and GID?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by feathers, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Hi. I am one of 15 different personalities in a 19-year-old female body. Problem for me, is that I am a 20-year-old male. So I am having difficulties.

Before discovering she had DID, Kaz, the host, went through a phase of desperately needing a sex change where she 'knew' her name was Aaron. My name. And that was one of the most difficult times in her life. (If you look back to our very first posts on this forum, you will see).

Now that we're all aware of the situation and everyone knows their place, it's clear that I can not have a sex change. With 9 girls and only 6 guys it's clear who wins in the what physical sex we're going to be argument. So I'm not even going to try to press my point of wanting to be physically male anymore.

However the problem lies here. I'm a girl. Hair halfway down my back, D cup breasts, curvy body, the lot. And I hate it. So was I was wondering is if anyone had any tips on dealing with dysphoria for those 'FTM's who are male and in a female body, but do not have the option of transitioning.

Thanks,
    Aaron.

2. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

Hi there Aaron, I'm FTM myself and I can completely understand your dysphoria. Is it possible for you to bind when you are feeling dysphoric? I know it's nowhere near the same as transitioning, but from experience I find binding my breasts to be of great help to me. Having the appearance of a flat and "masculine" looking chest helps me out a lot.

I can't even begin to understand how hard it must be for you to never be able to transition as the option is openly available to me. But sometimes the smallest of things can help. Like I suggested, binding is good, also is it possible to maybe be able to wear gender neutral clothing at any point?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sam :snake:

3. Morgana

Morgana Well-Known Member

Hi, Aaron. I have DID/DID-like DDNOS myself, but unfortunately, I don't have any opposite-gender alters, so I'm a little unsure on what advice I can properly offer, I'm afraid.

However, breast-binding sounds like a really good idea if you can. I know there are tutorials and tips online for how to do it safely, even if the body does have D-cup breasts. Also, can you get more masculine clothes? Hats--so you could pull all your hair up under the cap? Are the others willing to cut their hair, or could you get a short wig?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.