Did anyone try

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Blackbird33, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

to make their suicide attempt look like an accident?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have often thought that way wanting to go with no fault to anyone but still the pain left behind would be the same so i decided to stay
  3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Truthfully, no.
    My mindset on suicide is that if I am ever going to go through with it, then the means in which I accomplish it and how it looks and speaks to everyone else matters for naught, when this life of mine, everything that makes me me ceases to exist the second I depart.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It is next to impossible to make it absolutely, conclusively "look like an accident." No matter what you're thinking of. The people left behind would always wonder and would likely always worry they didn't do enough to let you know they care. (Maybe they aren't doing enough - but you're reaching out here and likely elsewhere, so you will find support.) Also, the risk with any self-destructive behavior is that it harms us, mangles us, and could well leave us with severe physical problems, along with the previous mental health issues. Such a huge risk. So I think it's much better to try to make our lives better and worthwhile than to try and destroy ourselves.

If you want to enrich your relationships that you already have, maybe you could talk to the people and tell them what help and support you need. Or you might seek what you need from different people.

SF folks are supportive, so I hope you'll keep talking to us here. There are always options to make life better instead of suicide. Really, there are.

Stay safe, Blackbird. :hug:
  5. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

I just don't want to add to anyone else's troubles that's why I would like it to look like an accident.
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Oh Leif, :( but it will matter, very much so, to those who are left, with unanswerable questionmarks in their minds
  7. 777steve

777steve New Member

No. I didn't try to make it look like an accident. I did try to make it so that no one would know it was happening until it was too late (Tylenol 200 tablets) and I almost succeeded. The doctors in ICU said my survival was a miracle. I had more than 4 times enough to kill me and I had exceeded the "standard" time window for any recovery. Still I walked out of ICU after 5 days with no discernible damage to my liver. My priest says I should put that into a new perspective. I'm trying.
  8. MisterBGone

No, not yet! But I've got the perfect plan...& I've just got to get it down and ready: practice/rehearse (& then it's terrific!)!
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't have a reason to make it look like an accident. Plenty of people know I'm suicidal and they don't care. My death won't come as a big shock to them.
  10. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Blackbird, I understand that is your motivation...Still, the loss of a person we know and care about always hurts. Perhaps a better way to avoid adding to others' troubles is to find a way to live the best life you can. Find things that make life OK for you. (Sometimes that means changing direction, rethinking what we want from life, trying out new things...) Life can be worthwhile. Everyone's life has ups and downs. How can we help you to find the ups that will make you want to live? :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.