Did I Make The Right Choice?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PinkiePieInTheSky, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

So, last Spring I was going to end my life.
    But I talked to some people, and didn't do it.

And now I'm not suicidal.

But tonight, I'm not feeling very good.
    Did I make a good choice when I decided to eliminate suicide as an option? I have to find more creative ways to cope now. I get worn out emotionally easily.

I guess I just want somebody to tell me that I made a good choice in choosing life; and you guys should know, since we've all been to hell and back, or still in it.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

PinkPieInTheSky, yes, choosing not to suicide was/is the right choice. :hug:

Life doesn't follow a smooth straight path for anyone. What has been wearing you down emotionally lately? What coping methods are you trying these days? Exercise/physical activity, music, writing, art, nature, hobbies...those often help. Sometimes volunteering for a group that is less fortunate than we are helps. Just being around other people can be comforting. If we bottle our emotions up, letting them ourselves feel even things like sadness or anger is good. We don't have to "do" anything with feelings except feel them...we can feel like crap, and if we ride out the feelings and just say, "Yup, I feel like crap tonight" we will usually feel at least somewhat better in the morning. If it doesn't go away, then maybe it's time to find a good counsellor who will listen and help us root out the issues and causes so they don't come back.

But again, yes, you made the right choice. The ride keeps going - it won't stay in the low spot forever, so hold on while it climbs back up to great heights. :hug:
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I feel, You made the right choice for You! Yes, you did make the right choice

When You come in here to ask, that makes me wonder where you are now and where you may be going. What your friends (people) told you last spring is still applicable. The information has not changed. It appears that your mood may have changed a bit. You need to know the reason for that and try correct it and get help or counseling.

I am glad you made the choice to go for life, IF you had chosen different you would not be here to ask, there is no do over on the the other choice. I am glad you made the "Right" choice last spring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.