Did I Miss Something?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by StephU., Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephU.

StephU. Guest

I must have missed something.

There seems to be something everyone else knows about life, hence they all know what they're doing.

It's just that I'm not in on the joke. No one told me the secret. They all have their little gossip and they all understand one another so well.

I can't really elaborate more. I don't have the means to force sense into what I'm saying at the moment.

Point is, I guess, I'm feeling isolated; as if everyone but me understands something deeper than I can't comprehend.

I really don't know. I don't mean to say it as if no one has problems but me, or as if I'm the only one going through things, or as if I'm extremely unique, or as if everyone else has it all together.

I just sometimes feel like I've missed something. Like they're passing along an e-mail that skipped my inbox.

Hmmm...

I wish I could explain it better.

2. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

I can really relate to what you are saying. It does seem like everyone has a secret that makes them excel at life. But I have some really honest friends and they have told me that I need to be more confident. Maybe that's the secret. I don't know how to make myself more confident but I know that it is important. I guess they don't think that much about what other people think like I do.

3. Geez, the way people talk on here makes me feel really dumb. DAMNED MISSISSIPPI SCHOOL SYSTEM!!!

Sorry, that was a bit off topic. I honestly am not sure what to say. Now I know you're probably going to be angry with me for not contributing and wasting a perfectly good post. :dry: I really need to learn comfort skills.

4. Robin

Robin Guest

No, you didn't miss anything, not unless me and everyone I know missed out too, it's hard to sit and watch the world go by and try to comprehend how everyone else knows where to go and what to do but you've probably done the same before and had others watch you wondering how you know where to go and what to do.

Some people look so confident as they go about their lives but time and again I hear on this site alone that people are there for their friends, the life of the party, the one who gets things done and inside they are literally dying for some person to talk to.

I'm glad you found us, sorry you had to find us under these conditions :hug:

5. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Yep, that's how I feel. Glad I'm not the only one. Thing is it's not just excelling at life I missed the manual for, it's life in general.

6. ybt

ybt Guest

hi kids, gather round for one of ybt's ironies.

okay, are you ready?

the fact that you actually analyzed it to a certain level proves you're a person capable of some thought level, even if you're lost. it's better than not caring at all, for it offers deeper insights in many ways.

you know the quote "the more we know, the less we know" or "wise men know how little they actually know"? it's not all true, but it's a lot more true than people realize.

7. janlost

janlost Member

Very well said and very true. Even people that seem to have it 'all together' can be messed up inside, sadly enough.

StephU., I can relate to what you're saying and how you're feeling :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.