did it again

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by downunder, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

did an od. my other half saw I had the shakes and took me to hospital. Was throwing up all night, just throwing up bile. They kept giving me anti nausea stuff through the drip. I still feel sick if I move around too much.

The CAT team came and saw me the next day, and said I could go home. The hospital said they were amazed that my heart rate wasn't a lot higher considering what I had taken.

Felt really embarrased taking up a hospital bed that someone else could have been using. Felt really guilty being in hospital for a self inflicted illness, when other people are in there due to no fault of their own.

Also thought I cannot believe this is happening to me.

My work place boss, gets annoyed at me seeing the shrink that my work has sent me to and pays for, so I cut back my appointments. I have a certificate for 3 days off work.

The CAT team lady is ringing the Shrink. :eek:hmy: I told the lady only some of the attempts as we were talking in front of my husband. No further followup from the CAT team and they said they can't help me. Crisis Assessment Team.

Its just too embarassing to say about all of them, to someone I have just met.
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey there ..
    iv felt the same when iv taken an OD or other SI .. but dont feel guilty about it .. self inflicted or not .. u have just as much right 2 seek help.. and im v glad u did :hug:
    its good ur in therapy .. ur boss shouldnt be getting annoyed with u seeing some1 though.. mabye try 2 see the therapists more often ? it can really help and it sounds like u could use some extra support right now.. i know its hard but try not 2 worry about ur boss.. he obviously doesnt understand ..
    hope u start 2 feel better soon .. x ..
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your boss should be happy you are going to get help as it will help you in the long run be more productive. Tell him that. I would go as often as you can as the job permitts as the more support you have the less chance of OD and yes you have as much right to use hospital as anyone else you have an illness a mental illness the same as a physical one so don't feel guilty about taking a bed.
  4. downunder

Most of the time at work I have nothing to do anyway so don't know why the boss is so concerned. Is still embarassing though, have not been to the hospital before. One nurse kept asking me questions while I was trying to throw up.
  5. downunder

I feel so stupid and embarassed. The shrink just rang on my mobile but I didn't answer it. She just received a call from the CAT team. She has an appointment with me on Monday. I suppose it could be worse at least my whole work place doesn;t know about it.

I don;t even know how I can face her on Monday. Feel like going in there with a paper bag over my head.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.