Did my life have any good in it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ediciussievol, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

I often wonder, as my little avatar says, things we do in this life, echo in eternity.

Does my life matter? Did the good I did in life, as best I could, outweigh my deed of suicide if I actually follow through?

Did my life have any good in it towards others?

Are there good works in my life that echo on as well?

2. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

frankly, i think we are nothing. one generation after another. There is no real purpose in life actually so I suggest we do good and live our lives to the fullest. After all, what is sure to come is death, it's just a matter of time for everyone so why rush it?

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

All you can do in this life is be the best person you can!! If something unfortuneate happens to you, I beleive you will return to Find meaning in life...Just my opinion...

4. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

yes it matters!

on the "outweigh" question I would say its not a competion, you win no price at the end of it. This "now" is what you get and what you do have ramifications to others, yes. even if we leave, and if we leave in that way I´m afraid it will most likly have negative effects. (not to count the loss of all the experiences that comes with the once in a life time offer you got for yourself.)

change the "did" to "are/am/is/do/does" , you are alive damit! you are doing it as we write and you still have so much to give and receive. :hug:

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

... one purpose we should all strive for, is simply to love. if we can love and be good to others. . . . it will be returned to us, and DOUBLY.

life is hard. it is nearly impossible and gut-wrenching, agonizing, pure torment. . . but. .. there is still beauty and truth and love.
    it is hard to make it through- but it is easy - to love. show love, and it returns. and that love - helps you make it through

(note. we at s.f. are all showing our love for you.... ) xxxx :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.