Did poorly on a quiz, heartbroken over it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mordeci, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So I had a quiz a two weeks ago and I got the grade back today and it wasn't good, not only did I do poorly in it I completly missed the stuff I thought I did well in and did a little better in the stuff I thought I would fail miserbly in. I wasn't expecting a high mark, but I thought that I could pull out a C and it turns out I got a high F (one point away from a D) luckily this is a quiz that only accounts for 1/8 of my final grade and the midterm in december counts for about 3/8 but I am still really heartbroken that I did so poorly. Really my will is gone to continue with school

2. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

tutors? does your school offer any??? if not, i'm sure you can find someone to tutor you...

i'm really good at chem and math, so if you need help in either of those, contact me...i would be GLAD to help...i also very much miss both subjects...

what i've learned through my 17 years of school (and now in the middle of my 18th year!), is that it REALLY DOESN'T MATTER...nobody remembers my GPA or standardized test scores...i am currently in med school...i have an exam this friday...i very well may fail, and i may have to repeat an ENTIRE year...i am very stressed/worried, but my depression kills my focus...so i can only study a fraction of what i would like to...if i do fail this, if i do repeat a year, it won't matter in the end, b/c i'll still have the same degree as everyone else and i'll still be a doctor...

i know it's disappointing and FRUSTRATING when you don't do well on something, but you gotta learn from it and move forward...and really, the most comforting thought for me is that it TRULY doesn't matter in the long run...but i know that right now, it makes things difficult and you prolly feel kinda defeated in this class...like, "what's the point of even studying" (that's what i used to say to myself when i was taking calculus III and getting VERY LOW F's on all the quizzes...i seriously got a 4% one time!!! i did NOT understand the material at all whatsoever)...but i talked to an adviser when i had given up and wanted to drop the class, and she encouraged me to work harder...my response was that i studied a lot and still only got a 4%...but i took her advice, hired a tutor for one hour, and just focused my studying (sacrificing a few other A's), and brought my grade back up!

so it's completely doable, no matter how daunting it may seem
    ask for help with it!!! that's what learning is about...
    ask me for help if you wish...i will be more than happy to help you...i just graduated from undergrad in may, so a lot of material is still fresh...PM if u want...

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

No tudors, one I couldn't afford them, two it's Law school its really just sink or swim I don't know what I am going to do.

4. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

nvm... still in high school.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you need to borrow some money for tutors. maybe your parents? you can pay them back once you graduate, or next summer when you are working again. student loans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.