DID related mishaps (An alter fucking annoying me)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Matt93, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Okay, an alter of mine (Anthony) is being a fucking twat. All he does is scream and scream and scream at me. Awful things about how I should be dead etc.

HOW THE HELL DO I SHUT HIM THE FUCK UP?! The rest I can cope with, the rest are nice, but him. Noooo every single night he's been there he starts with stupid shit like this. Help me shut him up please?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The o nly way is to go to doctor and tell him meds need changing okay might need an icrease or an add on to get the alter to go away hugs

3. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not medicated for it yet though. I'm on anti-psychotics, but that's because they double up as mood-stabilisers.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i hope yu call you doc and tell him or her about what is happening hun time to get you feeling better okay hugs

5. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

I will do so total :) Thank you :)

6. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem but with the tweaking of my meds they all but disappeared, they haven't been able to stop the hallucinations though.

7. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Ironic that Aaron should comment on this thread when one of my alters is called Aaron!! :D

Do what I do with HIM... cry and beg him to go away?

8. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

You have to stay safe first - yet when one of my alters is causing trouble - it stems from a defense against something....

The most effective way of shutting that part up is to accept that he is part of you - doing a job...if you find out the purpose behind the trouble, then re-direct it or solve the instigating problem - then you have stopped the annoyance at its source....

Pushing him away and drugging him into silence does not stop him but may give you some time to sort out the why......

For example, when one part of me starts to cut - it is usually a defense, warning me not to trust or let someone close - essentially a reaction of a very scared part of me using threats against me to try and keep me safe -obviously something I need to stop - and can, when I reassure myself about the fear and overcome the source of the problem...

I don't know - do you have a Therapist experienced with DID?

Good luck and may you find peace!

9. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

10. Jeserai

Jeserai Well-Known Member

There aren't any medications that can make alters go away. Wished there were... (I also am on antipsychotics just to ease my mind a little, but it doesn't really help against the talking in my head).
    Sometimes I scream STOP. In the hope they stop talking. But most of the time I try to concentrate on something else, find some destraction.
    Do you have a therapist who can help you integrate your alters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.