Did something for me

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by summerschild, Apr 15, 2010.

1. summerschild

summerschild Well-Known Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to crochet. But if you looked at my bedroom there is very little in it that I have made. I give away almost everything I make and only keep what I don't consider good enough to give away. But I have decided to make something for me for a change. I found a beautiful shawl pattern and ordered some chenille yarn to make it with. Too hot for it now so I will put it aside to make later this year when it won't be so hard to work with. But come this fall and winter I will have something very nice to wear for a change. :yay:

2. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

good for you summerschild, what color is your shawl going to be?

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

good for you, its always good to remember yourself :smile:

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How nice you decided that you deserve more than left-overs...how brave! big hugs, J

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow good for you being special to yourself yeh

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

great idea....got to look after yourself.....too kind giving away all your work...
    I know that feeling about not giving things away because you feel they aren't good enough...:cheekkiss:

7. summerschild

Thank you all for your kind responses. I still can't believe that I am doing this. It feels so out of character and a little wrong to be doing this for myself. Ever since I learned to crochet I have crocheted for friends, family and charity. Never anything for me. My "mantra" here is "Be gentle with yourself". My friends here have now told me to live by my own words and to "Be gentle with myself" LOL Ok friends here goes.

Here is the link to the pattern I have picked. I am keeping it with the yarn so I won't lose it.
    http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=77314

And here is the link for the yarn. It is the dark blue color. Blue is my second favorite color. (No pink available :( )
    http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Herrschners+Chenille+Yarn.aspx

When I do finish it I will try and post a picture of it. And again thanks for the kind responses.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

very pretty pattern and I like the colour..

9. summerschild

Thanks! :barmy::angel:

10. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Good on you!!!! I can't wait to see it. :D