Did something stupid, but kind of glad they might be consequences

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mordeci, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Before I was really upset over this but now not so much, I tried doing something special for the school so I entered a contest where this famous journalist would come and talk about her new book. Unforuently I did this without the school's permission and they are very mad at me now and I don't know what they are going to do to me. Realistically I didn't do too bad a thing I mean on the scale of 1 to 10 it is probably a 4 tops but, they were upset (I talked to the assitant dean) and while she didn't really do much, I could tell she enjoyed watching me apologize over and over again. The thing is as remote of a chance that they will kick me out (disiplinary measures or any varance of the words were not mentioned) I kind of hope they do kick me out, it will stop me from agonizing over wheather or not I want to do this as a career or go into a more artistic field. Hopefully they have some kind of hearing (which is as unlikely as me winning the contest) and maybe show no remorse, maybe even talk down to the person in authority there, and get kicked out. But maybe I am looking at this the wrong way I don't know?
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

... They want to punish you for something that could be nice but could also be easily turned down? What, will the journalist firebomb the school if you don't let her talk about the book?
  3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I honestly don't know at first I thought it was politics (the journalist is liberal) but they have had liberal speakers before, the assistant deans exact words to me were "I don't have the authority to speak for the school or make any commitments for the school" which is true, but I did neither, I entered the schools name in a contest with very little to no possablity of winning. I just think they are grandstanding on the issue but I sent out apology letters to the approiate people, I apolgized in person, I did enough, they want to make a big deal out of it let them, I am actually itching at the oppurtunity to talk down to someone. Plus its there loss.
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Honestly, that sounds pathetic. Why would they be upset with you? They should be thanking you!
  5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I can kind of see them wanting permission first but I didn't do anything to bad to warrent the kind of fear the assitant dean purposely put in me. If there is some kind of hearing I will stand my ground, maybe even be a little condescending if the mood strikes me, but I think the issue is over and done with. Now I know for next time this isn't the kind of school that wants active students, they want people with their heads down and their mouths shut, and unfourently that's the atmosphere they are going to get.
  6. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

If I went to your school I would be mad....because if that journalist actually came I would be hitting my head on a wall from bordom...
  7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well, sounds like a load of bullshit to me.
    You provided a service to the school; but because you did it without permission, they're going to use you as an 'example' -- that is what it sounds like to me.
  8. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

well the good news is that I didn't win the contest so I am kind of finsihed on that end hopefulluy I just go into the deans office apologize again and that would be the end of it, although for a while there I was kind of looking for a fight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.