1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the earth move for you?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Dragon, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I'm afraid this will only make sense to the English and the Welsh (perhaps some Scottish, but a friend of mine in Scotland didn't feel it).

Earthquake at 1am this morning! Did anyone feel it? I, unfortunately, missed it, as I was dead to the world.

2. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

I didn't feel it but one of my friends in London lives at the top of a block of flats, and apparently he felt it

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Yeah, I felt it...nothing fierce, and it didn't last for very long...was kinda funny tho, it felt like something was going through me and afterwards I was like "What the hell was that?!" :blink: lol

4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

nope heard about it but didnt feel a thing lol

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Unfortunately no "earth moving" was experienced in my house :sad:...wanders off to grumble about lack of excitement in life :laugh:

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

lol Terry.

I was awake and dindn't feel a thing but my step dad woke up from it thought he was having a fit :laugh:

7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Could have been a coincidence but there was a very brief, large noise here from round about that time, didnt know what could have caused it until I read about the tremor on another forum. Didnt feel anything though.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I didnt feel it :eek:hmy:

9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I just heard about it on the news here. Wow, it was quite strong, apparently!

(For those who missed it, don't give up: With a 5 . something on the Richter scale, you might get an aftershock...)

About 10 years ago, I experienced a 3.1 on the Richter scale where I live. And, yes, JohnADreams, it was NOISY. I heard BANG!...BANG!...BANG!...and maybe a couple more smaller bangs. I didn't notice any shaking/tremor at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.