Did the earth move for you?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Dragon, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I'm afraid this will only make sense to the English and the Welsh (perhaps some Scottish, but a friend of mine in Scotland didn't feel it).

Earthquake at 1am this morning! Did anyone feel it? I, unfortunately, missed it, as I was dead to the world.

2. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

I didn't feel it but one of my friends in London lives at the top of a block of flats, and apparently he felt it

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Yeah, I felt it...nothing fierce, and it didn't last for very long...was kinda funny tho, it felt like something was going through me and afterwards I was like "What the hell was that?!" :blink: lol

4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

nope heard about it but didnt feel a thing lol

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Unfortunately no "earth moving" was experienced in my house :sad:...wanders off to grumble about lack of excitement in life :laugh:

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

lol Terry.

I was awake and dindn't feel a thing but my step dad woke up from it thought he was having a fit :laugh:

7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Could have been a coincidence but there was a very brief, large noise here from round about that time, didnt know what could have caused it until I read about the tremor on another forum. Didnt feel anything though.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I didnt feel it :eek:hmy:

9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I just heard about it on the news here. Wow, it was quite strong, apparently!

(For those who missed it, don't give up: With a 5 . something on the Richter scale, you might get an aftershock...)

About 10 years ago, I experienced a 3.1 on the Richter scale where I live. And, yes, JohnADreams, it was NOISY. I heard BANG!...BANG!...BANG!...and maybe a couple more smaller bangs. I didn't notice any shaking/tremor at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.