Did u ever wondered how ur loved ones would react if u died?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by life, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life

life Well-Known Member

I am keep thinking this for a few weeks while i am contempleting suicide....Probably my mum wouldnt take it...I KNW HER CHARACTER she is not someone who is strong and yet she is very emotional....I love her a lot...The reason that i am sill here is probably her....my sister borher would get upset but they have their own lifes.....The other people probably gonna say that i am had psychological problems and call me freak...and our city is small every body will hear and i dont think my family can take that!they would get devestated!
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't concern yourself in what other people think, if they think you are a freak, then they have no idea what so other.
    As with any loved one, they would react in a sad and emotional way. It's good that you are thinking about what other people's reactions would be, it shows consideration and that your open minded.
  3. Deadatthirty

Deadatthirty Member

Yep, but then again when your dead, your dead!! Plain and simple:biggrin:
  4. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Really good that you express yourself here and show, that sometimes it is important to be just bigger than oneself. Thinking about consequences just puts you into this category.

Loved ones certainly will have to suffer a lot living with decisions (we/you/the people) have made.

In order to cope with guilt and acceptance of blame , loved ones have to go through four stages of grieving:

Guilt is attributed to the following

1. Being unaware of the suicidal intent.
    2. Not having prevented the suicide.
    3. Feeling somehow responsible for the event.
    4. Regretting other relationship issues from the past.

So, these are then feelings your loved ones have to cope for the rest of their life with. Leaving behind the 'me,me,me' and thinking of others is a fab step on the way of dealing with depression (and suicidal thoughts)
  5. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I try not to think about it cause it breaks my heart to think what it would do to my two little ones.
  6. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I try to think of something I can say or leave behind that will let them know it's alright, and to take some comfort that I am at peace, but I wish I knew that they would be alright and wouldn't hurt to much over it.
  7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

There is no way of knowing how your brother, sister, friend, lover and parents react. How can I even try to explain the one thing, which is beyond comprehension for all but yourself? Where does your pain end and the guilt of your decision start? There is no clear cut way, is this is here and this the there?

But even in pain there is a logic, a mechanism which is plausible and frightening at the same time. The steps above I mentioned belongs to this mechanistic approach. Even you, I, we are subject to this dance. There is a study which says that "...terminally ill persons may go through 5 stages upon learning of their terminal illness. The stages are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance..."

I'm not even terminal but I am somewhere in there...The embrace of lover logic seems to mirror the embrace of lover death...Sometimes I am so confused...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
  8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

To answer your question (Did u ever wondered how ur loved ones would react if u died?) Yes, everyday. So your not alone on that one.
    Thinking of how much youd hurt everyone close to you always reminds me, people do care.
    So hold on for them :)
  9. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I don't have any loved ones.
  10. life

life Well-Known Member

I feel very guilty when i think of this :(......Does this mean i am not selfish? but sometimes when get really suicidal i my mind only focuses on suicide!its very weird! i dont even think of the consequesions....I do consider suicide becouse of the pain;scared of m future;dont wanna upset anyone;and i am very very tired of my life!.....
  11. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I just thought about whether I would try to save myself if I were in danger of dying. If I thought I was having a heart attack, would I call for help? This would be the ideal scenario, because my brothers and sisters would never know. They'd just think I died of a heart attack. The pain of suicide wouldn't be an issue.
  12. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

When I think of how I'm going to do it I try to come up with ways to make it look like an accident. I don't think it would be too hard to achieve, especially since I ride a motorcycle every day. Really easy to kill yourself on a bike.
  13. jigman

jigman Member

i think your a gud guy thinking how ur family will take it..i think the same thing..i fear my mother folowing me...she cudnt cope..my sisters wud get ova it i fink..an my dad wud probly kill himself too..tats alot of destruction i dont want to leave behind so to speak..i even fear for friends who ive had arguments wiv or hav made them realize how tey make me feel..i wudnt want to effect anyone elses life if i cud help it..i was thinkin of goin abroad an jus disapearin if i did it..but wud that be even worse..i dont kno..jus amazes me the fact i think everyone suicidal seems to hav this dream of how ther loved ones wud be reactin at ther funeral..an i kno it sounds weird..well i think it comes down to a cry for help..thats wot it is...we all jus want satisphieing lives..an people to care bout us..an the longer life goes on wivout this..the more depressed an suicidal we get,,
    sory went bit off track ther..a brainwave..
  14. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Thinking about the pain inside those I would leave behind kept me safe in my darkest days.
  15. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

It's possible I think. Well, not without injecting chemicals into yourself though. And, is a heart attack actually painless? Im pretty sure it isn't.
  16. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I've thought about it often. My mother would be devastated as she would be the one to find my body. My sister would probably just be upset and crying for a few days. I'm fairly sure however that everyone would get over it and would have a better life without me around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.