Did you ever believe in Santa

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Little_me, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I never did because once I saw mom come home with the xmas presents in those plastic bags you get from the store, and they were wrapped with the same pattern as on the bags. Lol!
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah i did, once.

but lately i've been dreaming "santa claus is coming to town" , i hear it in my sleep i really don't know what this might signify. :mellow:
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I still do :santa:
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Yep. When I was a wee one.
  5. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I still do.
  6. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I did till about my 7th, when me and my sibblings found the presents under a blanket in our car :laugh:
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I believed in Santa Claus until other children at school told me he wasn't real.

Funny thing is, my husband plays Santa Claus each year. Before we were married, I told him I want to marry Santa Claus, so we were married on Christmas Morning in 2004. He was dressed as Santa Claus and I was dressed in red velvet and called myself the Cranberry Elf.

One year I played Mrs. Claus with him. I really enjoyed it but it so wiped me out. One little girl asked me what I was doing that day and I told her I was going home to fix Santa's Christmas dinner. She turned to her parents and said, "I'm going with them, I'll be home later."

Even though I hate Christmas on so many levels as an adult that has seen and experienced so much crap, there are still the good parts about Christmas that shine through.

I have noticed that when my husband is dressed as Santa Claus, people's eyes light up when they see him and they smile big.

People love Santa Claus but they don't know who Jesus is. Christmas is "supposed" to be about the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, but that meaning is gone. I've learned that a lot of Christians feel more love for Santa than for Jesus and they know that Santa does not exist. We can seek out an active companionship with our Lord Jesus. He will teach us and help us. All we have to do is turn to him in prayer, asking him to be the Lord of our lives, read our Bibles, then grow with our brothers and sisters at church.

The message of Jesus being born in order to save us from our sins by dying on the cross is not heard by many people any more.
  8. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

No, I don't. And didn't, but I dont wreck the fun for kids who do. It's cute, I think.
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I had 3 older siblings. How happy were they to spoil Santa, probably before I even knew the story :p
  10. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I believed in Santa and it feels great thinking back on how innocent and willing to believe we wer when we were young :) Being a kid was so great with imagination ruling the world.
  11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I remember being in bed, six years old on Christmas eve, hearing noises downstairs (probably my nutty dog) and being convinced it was Santa. I was so excited! :rolleyes:
  12. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I used to, and then I realized he wasn't real in 3rd grade.
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

right on! :santa:
  14. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

What?!?!? There's no Santa Claus?!? :cry:

My family did a pretty good job of keeping me believing 'til about 9 y/o, then I came downstairs 1 Christmas Eve and saw Mum wrapping presents. :(

Should I ever have kids, I'm gonna keep 'em believing forever! :lol!:
  15. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Yes I did, until my siblings told me other wise and showed me where the presents were kept:smug:
  16. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

A mm probably...but when i was 5 (years =) ) i`d discovered how sweet was my mum when she was puttin` my presents in her bedroom.

I hate to receive presents...but i like to give presents :boogie:
  17. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

18. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yes I still believe because I am Santa! I always wondered how I could make Christmas happen for my kids every year. And yet every year somehow we always find a way. Now if that's not Santa, I don't know. lol
  19. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yup, I did, until I was around nine or ten.
  20. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I never did until he ATE ALL OF OUR COOKIES!!!!!! :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.