did you ever think

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by qwert, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwert

qwert Member

about the point in life.
    you go to school and then go to work for the rest of you life.
    i can't see any purpose in all that.
    can't see a reason not to want it to end.
    keep day dreaming about cool lives like in tv shows, but its just a dream.
    i don't have friends, never fallen in love, hate my family.
    i don't have any hobbies, things i'm good at, desires of dreams.
    i'm nothing.
    i ruined everything and don't even have a reason or a backup plan.
    i don't want to be like this anymore
  2. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I have thought all of those things.

I have hobbies, but... ehh... that doesn't seem like reason enough to bear through the pain
  3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

"about the point in life."

Yep. Everyone does.

"you go to school and then go to work for the rest of you life.
    i can't see any purpose in all that."

If you're spiritually enclined, it could be to grow.

"can't see a reason not to want it to end."

I cannot find a defensible reason to end it. Suicide is inherently unnatural.

"i don't have friends, never fallen in love, hate my family."

With you so far! lol

"i don't have any hobbies, things i'm good at, desires of dreams.
    i'm nothing.
    i ruined everything and don't even have a reason or a backup plan.
    i don't want to be like this anymore"

I have hobbies, a job, some things at which I am excellent. No big dreams any longer, though.

I don't know your story and no one can stop you from splitting this existence. -Mind, that's just fact.

But keep posting, won't you?

4. Klax0r

Klax0r Member

I've had these very same thoughts.

Yep... I'm pretty sure that there aren't any real good reasons for living, you have to want to live I guess. I heard in a movie: "The only philosophical question that really matters is whether or not to commit suicide." I'm really starting to see the truth in it.
  5. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

yeh i do, everyday, depression does that to you. But i think life is like a rollercoaster, there are bad and good times - you can learn from the bad as well as the good. Time to change your perspective, get out of the mundane and enjoy the good things in life. You can do whatever you want to if you have the willpower to do it. Sounds like you're stuck in a rut.
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I have spent countless hours questioning the meaning of my life. On several occasions I had the answer, but still doubt that very much. Now I see us humans are just vulnerable spenders, brutally targeted at by marketing to spend money. We go to school, we go to college, we get a job and we work to get money. EVERYTHING revolves around money and work, what kind of life is that shit?
  7. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Black, I have spent countless hours, even through my depression, hewing out a meaningful existence. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, in his first smash-hit book published 30 years ago already (I bought it new!!! :eek:) had an entire section:

Choice: The ultimate freedom

I still have that book. LOL

8. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

So if you find the meaning of life, what would you do with it? Use it as motivation to continue living? Use it as a kind of solace to convince yourself that life is worth living and that you belong? Use it to bring happiness into your life? If you felt that your life had a purpose, would it make your problems and inhibitions disappear or would it motivate you to fix them? Just for peace of mind? What?

If there is any meaning at all to life it is not a static thing. Thinking can be very limited, trying to discern a meaning for something as vast as life, using only your personal experience and knowledge would really not do much more than condense what life is to something that makes sense to you. If all you have to base your opinion on life on are disappointments, failures, surrenders and painful experiences then it is only natural your idea of life would be a very negative one.

If you want to understand what life is, what anything is, you have to get as much information about it as possible, you have to go out there and actually live, try things, experience all that life has to offer before you can make an articulate summary of what life is and even then, the human life span simply is not long enough nor is the mind complex enough to take it all in and understand it. Even if it were, you would probably spend the rest of your life reciting life's meaning and by the time you finished you know what, that meaning would have changed because life is constantly growing and evolving.

I don't see much point in contemplating the meaning of life, to me it is like swimming in a warm pool and wondering why you don't sink, why the sun is shining on you, why the water feels wet because before you know it, the sun has gone down and the water is cold, you're freezing your ass off and you wonder how you could have ever been so foolish as to spend all that precious time wondering why something was instead of letting it be and experiencing it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  9. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

pffft... there is no point in life... shit just happened, and u gotta make ur own point to you own life... for sure... find what makes you, you, and not just one of the fuckheads that walks this land...
  10. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i agree with you qwert. there is no meaning, we have to create a meaning. Not comforting nor helpful
  11. kimailis

kimailis Active Member

<mod edit: bunny - do not insult the members> just slap yourself and open your eyes.
    you go to school to learn and have a better career with that.
    you go to work to make money to pay for school and buy stuff for yourself.
    thats the reason why it shouldnt end, you should advance your life.

you all people just look for help from above, that somebody will come, love you, and will make you stay, or some miracle that will make your lives exciting and successful, it doesnt work that way.
    the only people that will make your live exciting and successful are you!
    so do something about it, do it in many different interesting ways, go out and meet new people, do new things, you have nothing to lose right?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I agree what was said about experiencing, and looking and thinking and to me it's about contact with something else (touch is very important to me as I float out of my head a lot) rather than isolation and withdrawal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.