Did you joined SF for the right reasons?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Jun 4, 2010.

What were you looking for when you found SF?

1. Methods.

14 vote(s)
  2. People to talk to.

22 vote(s)
  3. Tickets for Britney Spears' concert.

7 vote(s)
  4. Others.

8 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Well, many have been mislead by the Forum's name. Some will just leave, others stay. But when you first discovered SF for the first time, what was your purpose? Searching for methods or just a forum to talk about suicide?

Me? Just looking for a forum. I already have a wide knowledge about methods so... *runs*
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I was suicidal and had just lost my son to suicide a few days before....
    looking for support and help to overcome the SI thoughts.....
    so far it's helped me...

yeh I already had a wide knowledge of methods too...*running with you*
  3. ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost Member

Part of the reason I was looking was for a community of people to get together to kill themselves but I don't know where to find that. Sick I know...
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I was looking for methods, maybe that is the ploy of the power of google? To lead you here instead I am glad it did.

oh I don't run but I am right behind you :smoke:
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Wanted to get better. Goals have since changed... I mostly come here out of boredom.
  6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I was originally planning- and looking for methods.
    Still want to die alot of the time, but I think that for the most part- a community like this has a positive affect on my psyche.
  7. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I already had a method, I was just wanting to confirm that it would work. I will admit that by the name I was expecting a forum that was basically all pro-suicide or whatever, but I like the community here and like that there is a whole bunch of people out there who understand exactly what I'm going through.
  8. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I was suicidal, and I was just googling it, whether it was for methods, or a way to talk myself out of it without involving anyone in real life. Depended on my mood...but I'm so glad that I found this site, it's helped a lot. I still have bad days, but for the most part, I'm in better shape than when I first came here.

9. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I was starting to have suicidal thoughts every day, and had a lot of questions and worries about it. I came here because I felt completely alone and needed support.
  10. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

I was looking for methods but I stuck around because I think deep down I just can't do it to my daughter right now.
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I googled "suicide"... I was about planning my suicide but ended up here instead and I'm glad for that.
  12. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

I was googling methods, joined to see if i could scavenge any info. When i couldn't i stopped using the site for 3 months, then one day went into chat, and things kinda took off from there.
  13. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

While I have a T and a Pdoc, I do not feel at ease talking about suicide with them. Also, other forums do not like for anyone say that they plan on suicide. When I feel an urge, I can come here and write it down. Makes me feel better.
  14. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

I was looking for a forum where I could talk openly
    about my suicidal thoughts.

I am so glad I found SF. This is, in my opinion, the best
    forum on the internet.

15. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I came across this forum by chance. I was searching suicide websites on Google and saw this forum. I thought it was a forum for people who supported suicide, at which point I was going to leave the website, but when I saw it was actually a helpful resource I decided to join and give it a shot. I figured I'd be able to find some folks who felt the same pain that I do...and I have been able to.

I've only been a member for less than a month, but already I've met some wonderful people who have helped me, and I hope that maybe, I've helped them. :)
  16. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i had lost my bro to suicide and my dauthter just had attempted yet again i was talking on another forum trying to sort everything out and was banned for pm a moderater not allowed there i went into suicdal motion myself then i had noone as i was thrown away again. this sight was an escape a way to release the pain inside so much pain and it still is. I knownow no one will hurt me here no one will judge me i still want a way out i have had a plan a beautiful plan so peaceful but how how do i do that without destroying others i can't i won't be that one that cause so much pain and suffering to others so i can finally have peace. this site is my safe haven a place to put all my thoughts and pain hide them in private jounal now no one sees the true me because i hideher.
  17. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I came looking for methods, but found a support system where I could let my thoughts out and get feed back. And I've stayed to help others and to have an outlet for my stress
  18. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

wheres my tickets s-f!!! :mellow:

i like to read acounts of suicide, and stumbled on this site.
    i hung around because youre thoroughly nice people :wink:
  19. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Tickets for Britney Spears' concert.
  20. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

At least you're honest about it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.