Did you knew someone who killed himself?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
  2. No

31 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

if yes what do you think about it?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have known a woman that committed suicide. she died last year. She left behind her 11 year old son. The child had no dad either:sad: It's awful. It was such a shock because she hadnt even been depressed.
  3. HarleyTwin

HarleyTwin Staff Alumni

Sadly. I've known quite a few. You sort of get used to it after a while when most of the people you know, you met through your parents psychiatric hospitals...
  4. helena

helena Staff Alumni

....yesterday a year ago, and he was my best friend :(
    And he had been a great support for me for the last one and a half, two years of his life.
    And while I, and lots of his friends, his brother whom was like his best friend,
    knew he wasn't doing well we never expected him to kill himself :cry:...feel so guilty about it, and yeah, I know I couldn't probably do a thing, but it just isn't fair.....
  5. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Yeah. Family and friends and shit. Sucked.

But what're y'gonna do....

I just hope they have found the peace for which they searched.
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Some family members and friends of mine have commited suicide. It's very sad but i hope they are happy now.
  7. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

my cousin 3 months ago, it hurst soo bad the pain is indescribable, i wish it were me then him, he was such a great person the whole town he lived in LOVED him so much and he commit an didnt leave a reason why.

EFF i miss him sooooooooo Effing much its literally Killing me..
  8. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who only lived a couple of doors away, hung himself 6 years ago, i was young. but i was so shocked.. he had everything a guy of his age could want.. was popular... lovely family. had a girlfriend... no-one could have known how depressed he was.... im not sure if it was a accident... but the things he did... its like he new what he was doing and it was planned. he left no note.. so know one will ever new why he did it.... sad thing is his lil sister is the one who found him.... she will have to live with that image of seeing him in that state...... i always think about him, i just wish as im sure his family do, why he did it
  9. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

My brother killed himself. I identified his body when I was 20 yrs old he was only 22 ( where were my parents? thanks again mum and dad) He jumped from a viaduct onto a road when I was literally only hours away from going to help him. (ref my post in welcome forum antone been here?). I like to think he really meant it but I think of his terror as he fell. I am older now and 22 seems so young he must of been terrified. I can remember the jury in the coroners court looking at pictures of his injuries and the shock and horror on their faces. I kid myself sometimes that he died instantly but the human body is so strong. The thought of him lying in that road so broken and alone......................I wish he landed on his head at least it would have been instant then. When and if I go I ( it hangs in the balance you'll understand that I'm sure) I shall go a long way away or make it look like an accident.............R.I.P. Rick missed and loved as much today as ever........I pray you found peace.................
  10. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

one of my best friends commited suicide 4 years ago by the only full proof method, i knew he was hurting but didnt know how much.
    if i knew i may have been able to save him, miss him still.
  11. I was shocked at first because I hadnt talked to him since high school ( 2 years ago), he was a twin too which was kind of suprising. But I was really really pissed off because i went on facebook and they had a special page for him and there were a lot of people who said he told them he was going to kill himself. It was obvious by his last blog what he was thinking as well ( i wasnt friends wt him), I wish i had known :-( There were SOO many people that "cared so much" AFTER he was dead. It would have only taken a second to have been like "whoa, that post scared me, are you okay?" or someone could have invited him to hang out. I am most angry I guess because they are suppose to best friends with him and they let him hurt himself and finally kill himself over a girl! I stopped wanted to commit suicide thou (for like a month)!
  12. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yeah, a good friend. i still think of him every day and really, really miss him. we knew he was hurting, but not that it was that bad. i wish he had told us and let us try to help.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

My brother...who was also my best friend.
  14. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

yes, my uncle killed himself, my mom's brother

and my mom's sister,....her two sons (my cousins) committed suicide

my best friend committed suicide when i was 19 years old. I remember it vividly on a fall day, i was raking leaves when i got the call from a mutual friend.
  15. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Yeah, a good friend. Still to this day I feel guilty.

It's horrible.

:hug:'s to all <3
  16. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I've known three people who have committed. When I was at school a fellow pupil who's parents both worked for the Samaritans. About 15 years ago a guy I knew but not closely and 5 years ago another friend. He had always had black periods where he would isolate for a few weeks. People always tried to help him with this but he would always say that he was ok and had just needed a bit of space. In all 3 cases I saw how devastating the effects were on the people who knew them.
  17. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

My closest friend. I'm glad he doesn't have to be here anymore. I can't blame him, I'm the only one who bears responsibility for his death. It hurts not to have him here anymore though...
  18. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i knew a boy who comitted suicide, james. he was in year 7 and was being bullied really badly just because he was quiet. it's disgusting what some people do to others for no reason. R.I.P james

19. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

Wow looks like knowing someone who killed themself increases the chances of suicide significantly.
  20. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I've never known anyone personally who's killed themselves. I know someone who attempted, but we weren't great friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.