Did you know them?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by xan, Mar 7, 2009.

Did you know them?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
  2. No

21 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xan

xan Chat Buddy

You always hear statistics saying that most people sexualy abused are abused by someone they knew... just wondering if that reflected true... :unsure:
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

In my case yes.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Yes, peripherally anyhow.
  4. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

Yeah, co-worker...
  5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

yes.. a friend who obviously wasnt a friend at all
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i cant answer, as my answer is yes AND no.
    2 i knew, one was my farther, one was a partners "best friend".
    1 i didnt, but i knew something was going to happen. didnt change anything. saw him the first day we were in greece, and i just knew there was something wrong with him. then me and my mum went out one night, my only night out there in the whole 3weeks we were staying in teh area, and he "found" us and wanted to bring us for a drink.. he was then offered a bad in our house for the night.
    rest is history.

so yes i did and no i didnt.
  7. Ryan1

Ryan1 Well-Known Member

Yes, by both of them. But they will get what they deserve.
  8. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

9. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

10. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Yes i knew some, No i didn't know some! So yes and no
  11. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

I had met the 2 persons who did it the same day it occurred, so my answer is no.
  12. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Yes; and no

too many times to recount

5 I didn't know
    3 I did know starting with my father
  13. HarleyTwin

HarleyTwin Staff Alumni

Most, yes. One, no.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes :(

It would have been easier if it was a complete stranger, at least I wouldn't have to see him everytime I went outside.
  15. fweeps

fweeps Staff Alumni

yes and no
  16. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

No, in a weird way i wish i did. then maybe justice would have been done.
  17. Sparklemama

Sparklemama Well-Known Member

Yes i sort of knew my rapist he lived in my area and i actually kind of liked him and he used that to his advantage for years i blamed myself and from time to time i still do.
    I was almost raped by knife point once when i was to trusting of a person i didnt know.I won write what happen as i dont want to trigger anyone but lets just say he got to do somethings that stuck with me.I did not know him at all.

Another guy who molested me i knew his friend from junior high although i never really spoke to him just saw him around.However the one who did the molesting i did not know
  18. sithspit

sithspit Well-Known Member

I didn't know mine, but the fear wasn't any less as a result. I became even more reclusive after that, scared of everyone.
  19. Noirceur

Noirceur Member

Not really, he lived in my hometown, but I didn't know him until he talked to me.
  20. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Yes, I know the person who abused me. He was a friend of my mothers. I suspect another person of abusing me when I was even younger but it seems I have blocked out most of my childhood memories so I cant say for sure about that person but if so, yes I knew him as well (he lived with us for a while).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.