Did you lose someone on suicide?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Foreignwoman @Sunspots @total eclipse and especially @Bbear82 I think it's incredibly brave of you kind people to share your pain. I am lucky to never lost someone to suicide but I know what it does to people. i'm sorry for your losses and of course my inbox is always open. maybe if it's not too painfull you can mention something positive about a person you lost. mike *grouphug

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
death of a close family member when we're young hurts and we carry it forever. did you know it was a suicide at the time or did you learn later in life?
No I knew it was back then. And I never really talked to anyone about it, professionally I mean. i didn't even get therapy for the first time until I was about 30. So I just have a lot to work through.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
like I said death of someone close when we're young stays with us but a suicide, I can't imagine what it was like, i'm sorry you had to go through that. that's one of the things that holds me back, my children and grandchildren. I saw them when I was in scu last year when I was hooked up to life support. they were so scared they were a mess. but what would happen if I went on purpose? I see their faces in the hospital every time I think of it.

I think most suicides are accidents. people have limits including coping skills. when someone surpasses that limit they don't think clearly. they can't see that things can get better. only if they could wait somehow. if we can ever get suicide out of the closet and start treating people better when they need help the suicide rate would go way down. just my opinion

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
No, all of my family and friends have been stubborn Catholics. Culturally, mostly. They endure existence as part of their existence. Most of them have never thought of it that way, of course, this is just my own spin.*shh
yea with catholics everything is a sin jk I was a catholic just a part time catholic now , long story

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
yea with catholics everything is a sin jk I was a catholic just a part time catholic now , long story
My first early brain as an infant and child was put together entirely by Catholics. I'm talking real, Victorian, Spanish Catholics. Not generic latter-day cultural Catholics like me and you. Hence my desire to be a priest until puberty arrived and Modernity impinged on my consciousness.

Are we digressing? (scrolls up) Yep! If we're going to continue, let's go to the faith area. I hear they have comfy seats and good air conditioning over there.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00