Didn smoke weed for 3 months!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Tommorow it is 3th month since i stop smoking weed... I still get urges, expecially when friends smoke it near me, but it was very easy not to do it, no mather that i smoke it every 2 day for 1 year... I will probaly smoke it again, but not before July...

I also wasnt drunk for almost 2 months....:)
  2. You're doing really wonderful!!!!
    I'm glad you felt proud enough to post - you should be!
    (and hey - you can't kick all your habits at once, ok?)
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Well yeah... I dont see nothing wrong with smoking pot occasionally, but i am afraid that once i will smoke it again, i will "fall in" and start smoking it again every 2 day...
  4. Well, sometimes we think we can handle "just a bit" of something - the truth is, some can, but most can't (most especially when it regards addiction!). Even when we think we know ourselves really well. I quit drinking several months back, and I suppose that I *might* be able to have one drink once in a while - but I know I have an addictive personality (which can rationalize just about anything), and I never want to fall into that horrible trap again.

So - it's ultimately up to you...No one can decide for you... but the "safest" thing (especially since you're already aware/afraid of falling in again yourself - which is quite realistic/possible) would be to stay away...don't you think?
  5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for advice... I am very addictive too:)
  6. A smile could mean you really read what 'silly me' wrote...so, if you can 'make peace' with your realization/awareness/and decision - feel good/better about it, that, to me, is at least half the battle. We don't all have or get to have that "advantage" (which I personally think it is)

"Temptation" will usually comes all on it's own...but addiction is a moment to moment and day by day thingy... I like to call it "remission" :smile:
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thats great.
    I smoke weed in wednesday... after almost 3,5 months:(
    All that for nothing... But on one side i am happy that i did it cause i realized that weed has impact on my depression plus i realized how unquality life i have (i didnt thought that before depression)

I will never smoke weed again... I will simply erase out of my head what happened in wednesday...
    Well 3,5 months without smoking weed except only once doesnt sound so bad, right?:)

One more question: Is depression caused by weed treated different than "normal" depression?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done on quitting the weed:biggrin:
  9. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Congrats on being off it for so long. Being off something you have depended on is hard, its gotta be difficult. Good job on being stronger than most. :smile:
  10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

4,5 months without weed. Well, i smoked it just once:)
    I dont have urges at all... beside, it would give me bad anxiety again...
  11. You're BACK!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

You haven't been here for some time - and yeah - I do wonder where you disappear to!

I'm glad for you - your 'announcement' - but much more, I'm glad that YOU are glad in announcing it. This is your own personal triumph, and I'm happy to celebrate it with you :biggrin:

(me -sober 8 months)

12. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Sometimes we need to relapse occassionally to re-learn why we had to quit.

I've been opiate clean for almost 5 years, in that its never again become a problem, but I've relapsed about once a year. I consider myself clean because after each time I immediately stopped again. I know that most wouldn't consider that clean.

I've alos been on methadone for those 5 years, after close to 15 years of abusing. Now I'm within a month or so of tapering off it, and feel good about it.

My doc has always been pot, but it never got out of hand, now in my early 50's I never buy and don't always smoke when offered. But I have lots of people who were 'chronic' who stopped as they got older because of the paranoia they suffered.

13. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Im really happy that you control it...

Hy:) Kinda late answer... i have really been touched by this kind reply... you even dont know me well, but you are still so generous...I hope youre better too:hug:
  14. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

good job on not smoking weed
    addiction can be very hard to stop with anything

i smoked weed once and i still get urges :X
  15. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

weed sucks... it can give you bad anxiety and memory problems... ask me:laugh:
  16. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

haha yeah thats why i dont dare go by the stuff anymore :X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.