Didn't know where else to put this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnB

I apparently got hired in this company called iSekurity. But ever since then I had doubts and started looking the company up and I've seen some people say that it was a scam, much like Vector Marketing. Does anyone else know about this company. I'm supposed to start training on Friday.

Basically it wants us to make appointments with people (and go to them) and persuade them to but anti-theft products. Pay is $15 per appointment plus any sales you make. I have to pay $25 for a badge.

Anyone else suspicious? I'm hoping that it's not a scam, since I really need a job.

DawnB

I was the one that asked that question. I didn't know what to really think because I didn't have a lot of time before training and everything.

Issaccs

Just google iSekurity and scam and you'll find plenty of bad press on this.

Get out while you can and before you put in any money.

DawnB

I wrote an email declining my offer (well I had accepted it before I found out more about it) last night. A friend told me (too late, don't know where she was) that I should take the job, because the job itself is not a scam. I deeply regret writing that email. I would've had a job now.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
As for Vector Marketing, I did some sales work for them the summer after I got out of high school, almost a decade ago. We were selling expensive kitchen cutlery to upper middle class potential buyers. It seemed legit to me at the time, but I quit maybe two days in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00