Didn't know where to post this

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LenaLunacy, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

So i didn't really know where this topic fit in so i figured i'd put it here.
    I don't know what to say really except that i hate living at home. I used to live with my whole family, and my mum would keep our flat tidy because my grandmother would be around to inspect it (as she lived next door). Then my mother and i moved into a new house, away from my grandmother, with her boyfriend.
    Since then i've been living in a shit hole (sorry for the language) She recently got a new puppy, cos one of our two dogs died. She has failed to toilet train it and, despite numerous promises to "get around to it", doesn't even seem bothered about training her. So the house STINKS of shit and wee, and everytime i leave the comfort of my room i stand in shit or wee.
    Then there's the oven, the microwave which she NEVER cleans so are caked in filth, cat and dog hair and lord knows what else.
    Don't even go into the bathroom, it's vile.
    I do my best, i clean the oven and microwave once a month, and clean the bathroom once a week. But i'm a university student. I've been clearing up after her for too long, i want to go out and live my life, party and i'd like to keep on top of my school work.
    Recently, the stress of living in such a dump has been making me ill. Each day i wake up wondering what mess awaits me downstairs, and when i think about i feel sick for hours.
    I dont want to go on living in this squalor. But i dont know what i can do about it :(
    Meh, i dunno what i hope to achieve by posting this. Advice? Comfort? I don't know.
    There ya go.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hey Lena, sounds pretty grim. How come your Mum has started being like this? Going out now but back later if you are about and want a chat about it. Love and hugs. Simon.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Ugh, sounds pretty nasty. Is there any possible way you can move out on your own?

4. LenaLunacy

Simon; She's always been like this. My gran knows it, i know it. Thats why my gran made us live with her for 18 years, she didn't want me living in squalor and filth as she knew i would be if i lived away from gran with mum. But when my mum met her bf my gran couldn't exactly refuse her to move out and take me with her, so i had no choice but to live with her. And, it was only a matter of time before mum's filthy habits showed. Her personal hygiene sucks too, she showers once a week AT MOST. >< I shower every day! How can she live like that. And her bf hasnt showered in 2 months :/ Or brushed his teeth in a year.
    And wildcherry; i've been looking but it's all so expensive and until my student loans and such come in i doubt i could afford a place of my own, and even when they come in i don 't even know if they'll cover the costs of living alone :/

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Could you move back in with your gran? Not your mum and her bf, just you.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with wildcheery Lena.. Talk to your Gran and see if you can move in with her..You shouldn't have to live like that..Best Wishes!!!

7. LenaLunacy

I cant. My gran lives about 2 hours outside of town, and about 3 hours from my univeristy. Where i live now i'm about 1 hour from university. I'd never be able to go to uni if i moved back in with my gran :(

8. ProjectRainbow

ProjectRainbow Banned Member

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Inappropriate>.

Arrange a rota with your mother to keep the house clean and tidy. Surely if you articulated you're concerns with her (and the boyfriend) the situation would improve.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Inappropriate>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.