Didn't think I'd be sharing this

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by The_8th_Wonder, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

So here is my story: Saturday was homecoming and there was a dance at my school. Every time there's a dance at a school I go to and my parents aren't home I drink to forget being so lonely. I drank and drank and drank and drank and and decided to myself that I didn't want to live anymore and I was sick and tired of it. (Un)Fortunately my attempt was not well though out (mainly because I was so drunk) and it failed. The after effects of this attempt are devastating mentally but harmless physically. I now have no idea what to do when I am alone because I am so uncomfortable with talking to people. I no longer can trust myself with alcohol and I'm very confused..... :nerves:
  2. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I've been there, I used to drink and drink and drink and drink too. I've drank so much in my short 22 years of life I no longer even like alcohol. I suggest you do your best to stay away from it, alcohol is bad news for anyone in the "getting drunk" ammounts. Your judgement is so badly impared that you just do things without thinking first.

Even if this means staying away from situations where it is avalable for now. Try finding something your good at or enjoy doing that does not involve alcohol. If you have a group of good friends then why not suggest you do something like a day riding rollercosters at the theme park or watching lions at a zoo? Sometimes the thrill from these types of things is just as good as the feeling you get from alcohol.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree that staying away from alcohol would be a wise decision. There's and AA thread in the substance abuse forum. Maybe you can join it 8th wonder, so that it can help with staying away from alcohol. Just curious, but are you even old enough to legally drink?
  4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Well I usually only drink when there is a school event or when I feel lonely... which is quite a lot actually. Being addicted to alcohol is terrible but being addicted at 15 is unimaginable.
  5. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I'm really sad to hear that :sad: I'm glad you made it through :hug:

Please try to stay away from the alcohol, especially if it will distort you into commiting suicide. If I drink when I'm alone, I get really depressed (or continue being depressed). Alcohol doesn't help you escape your lonely feelings, it just makes them more apparent. When you are alone again, try to do something else. Anything. Play video games, take sleeping pills so you can sleep, go somewhere, etc. There are other ways to make it through the rough times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.