Die you horrible anxiety! GAH!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SaraRose, Oct 3, 2011.

1. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Why is it everytime I get a chance to do something cool I end up sabotaging myself! It's like my anxiety just shots up through the roof and I start overthinking everything.

Like at the end of the month there's a halloween party I've been invited to by co-workers. I want to go, it sounds like fun! Major fun. But then my anxiety breaks in and I start freaking out!

'What do I wear for a costume?' 'It says 'plus one' I have no friends, my girlfriend is out of town, and I don't wanna be the looser that brings her parents to the party.' 'What if I make a fool of myself?! These are co-workers, they will know me!'

I wanna go to this party but I know from experience that without a friend to be there and hold my hand and to be my pillar of strength- someone that I can at least talk to and know will have my back- I will just end up making up an excuse for why I didn't come.

Man why can't I just be normal and see this as a fun experience to party and have fun. Not a emotionaly crashing one that leaves the pit of my stomach lurching and tied up in knots...
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Sara, I hope you attend the party if you feel well enough to go. ~ Alex
  3. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Hello Sara,I know exactly where your coming from,over thinking everything,what if? Etc.... And it's kind of ruined my whole life,I've haven't lived just existed. I honestly don't know what the answer is but you sound pissed off enough to find it,I really hope you do.
    Just wanted you to know your not alone,take care x
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I wish I could offer some help or advice with this, but I don't know any remedy. I just wanted to say I understand what this is like all too well.
  5. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I keep hoping that my anxiety will let me go, and not make me freak to the point that I actually do get sick (that's happened several times to me too.)
  6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

How are you doing today, Sara?