different types of abuse..

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by pat1, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat1

pat1 Active Member

I was bullied as a kid for one year at 7 years old by my teacher.after that ive never quite been the same.lifes been a struggle but for people who have suffered sexual abuse it must be really hard.i think the feeling of distress are perhaps 3 or 4 times as bad.i really support anyone who takes on there abusers in whatever way they can..pat1

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think it's tough and painful for anybody that has suffered any kind of abuse as it all leaves a traumatic scar, whether it's bullying, sexual abuse or trapped in an abusive relationship.

3. pat1

pat1 Active Member

your right it leaves a scar on your emotional well being. .very difficult to change.have to face your demons inside..tricky,tricky but I try.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have suffered all three...bullying caused me not to leave my house, sexual abuse gave me PTSD, emotionally abusive relationship ... left me feeling very naive, used, abused, weak, stupid.

Because of all of that, I am a much stronger person today.

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I have suffered sexual abuse aged eleven (mentioned elsewhere on SF) and Claire my gf has suffered domestic violence from her ex until she ran and phoned me. I dropped everything and used company coach to pick her up nearly being sacked in the process for personal use of company vehicle. At the time I said to my employer DILLIGAF? lol Still, nice guy that he is he understood the situation when I told him everything & did not fire me though he did say next time ask

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad it worked out and sorry to hear about the abuse...you sound like a pretty strong person though, :hug:

7. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Im really sorry that you were bullied by your teacher. Did you ever report it? And I really agree with what you say. Thankyou for your kind words :)

8. pat1

pat1 Active Member

no I didn't report the teacher and it was so long ago 35 years that she has problary died now. I heard that every year she picked on one kid in the class each year.statistics state that in Britain 10% of kids end up leaving school with mental health issues which they didn't have before they went to school.thats pretty terrifying ithink.I didn't suffer abuse at my home but if I was bullied by my parents I would be dead.must be realhard if that happens.no wonder people live on streets.good luck to everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.