different...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by poopsie, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poopsie

poopsie New Member

i've finally realised, many years later, that i am really, really DIFFERENT from average people....
    and it's not a happy realization.

when you are a kid/teen, it's all about individuality - now as an adult, it sucks.
    i wish i had the skills and capacity to interact in a normal fashion with other humans - dogs, cats, horses, kids, no problems there. but actual members of my peer group - good fucking luck on that one.

i think differently, i act differently, and when i try to work hard at fitting in, it goes overboard.... there just doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

i am assuming i am not the only one here who is this way. i am not unintelligent, and am quite good at my job and popular with all 100 of my clients - but as soon as i am off the clock... i just have no idea....

how about you?

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

In society today, if you don''t act, dress or have the same interests like the main groups of people, then your always gonna struggle to have people interact with you.

3. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

I can relate to that, I have social phobia and i cant communicate well at all.
    I 'attempt' to not compare myself to others though, we are all individuals and to be honest, what is 'normal' and who says we should be that anyway.
    If its a problem though seeking help might be an idea I used to go to classes on the subject but that dealt with the body language and appearing to have confidence side but not the underlying causes but it helped a little.

4. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I can relate. Oh, can I ever relate. I went to a meeting the other day, and my boss looked me square in the eye and said, "you're a good worker, and you always put forth the best effort and do things well. I still don't know what's wrong with you."

I've just never been able to "click" with people. Somehow, I'm the guy who always is there to do something, always there to go into the office early or late, and the guy who gets his birthday forgotten.

It fucking sucks.

5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Your right Poopsie, I heard as a child about always being yourself, being proud of what you are. And as you go into your teens and further, there's all this pressure to then conform, to merge with a group and if not, then there's hell to pay, you are going to be miserable! :dry:

I relate to you very much as well, extremely different from my peers, and not in a good way, I am inferior to all of them, lack so many things they have like having gone to parties, socializing, other skills aside from social skills, etc.

And you are so ostracized for it and yet as a sweet innocent child, your taught to be an individual, what the hell happened to that then!? :dry:

This is a huge or maybe main factor of my depression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.