Differentiating Between Depression and Suicidal Ideation

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That one seems to be a difficult one for me.

When things go wrong (usually just in my mind) I don't think, huh, it's only depression. I think, I can't get out of this and so I should off myself.

You see I suffer from a really nasty situational depression. And life can be hard enough at times, but when I project, then all I am doing is making things more difficult for me. Projecting just adds fuel to that ole situational thing.

And yet knowing that is the case, I can't help but project sometimes. Especially when it comes to that nasty cloud hanging over my head in the form of my parents.

It's very easy for me to think of an "Oh Crap" moment with those guys and I am off to the races in wild thoughts.

I have to remember, that it is my depression. I know that suicidal ideation can stick around, for a long time, but until the day comes when my projections come true, ( and who knows if they ever will) then, I have to realize that my main issue is just my depression.

That is my struggle.

And I wonder, if others struggle with being able to recognize and understand the difference between the 2.

Because while one can trigger the other (that is to say you get depressed and then have suicidal ideation), I believe it is also possible to be having a day off from depression, you know having a good day, and then something suddenly makes you think of suicide.

I dont know if any of this is making sense.

I think I will have a piece of cake. :cake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.