difficult to stay pro-life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I am coming to realize that death takes time, just as life does. Thinking about death does not necessarily make it closer to happening. I need to be proactive in seeking death, because otherwise it will not happen and my life will continue as is, gradually spiraling into the type of devastation I didn't know was ever possible. The events in lie don't matter to me. Nothing has any meaning, really. I might as well be in a video game or a pigment of light, because I my life has no purpose and I am not in control of my own thoughts. I do not mean anything to anyone outside of here or stepchatbp. Ultimately, life seems like a joke. And I want this joke to end.

2. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

it is
    life is pointless,
    life is meaningless
    you're going to die
    you're going to die
    you're going to die

the inevitability of this is inescapable.

on good days, I'm an existentialist, and I believe we all individually have to bestow unto our lives our own meaning
    on all my other days, I feel exactly like you do now.

But I hang on because I know...that..paradoxically there is meaning in this meaninglessness

because once you're gone, you're gone
    and you can never come back
    so you live while you can
    and you love while you can
    and you change whenever you can
    you change NOW
    and you don't cut it short because you waste
    the experience..the emotion..the suffering and the joy
    and the love
    and the patience
    and the beauty
    and the depravity

it's all there for you
    and sometimes it's too much
    and sometimes it's just enough
    but when it's unbearable
    I'm here for you
    and I will always talk when you need to talk
    and there are many people out there, like me, for you
    waiting for you
    to love you
    to help you

to make life worth living
    and life is
    truly worth living.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

it is difficult to see clearly when depression has distorted every thought One truly does not know how the next day will be if a new door will open that will bring healing. It took a long time before help came to me now it has after 52 years i see some hope don't give up okay Hope is there sometimes it takes awhile to show it self If life has no meaning then bring some to it okay. anything that will bring you joy volunteer to help animals or others in need read to someone that can't visit the elderly that have noone. bring meaning to you I know it is hard with depression but with right meds the right therapist things can happen hug to you if that is okay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.